• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Paulo Costa demands 500k to fight Robert Whittaker

Secret Juice don't pay for itself. Pay the man!

Any headliner deserves more anyways.

I'm all for fighter pay, but I don't think Paulo should make more than Rob. Equal sure, but more? Not unless he's a proven PPV commodity. This is what makes sense business wise, because as @Pancake Sprawl mentioned, it sets a precedent.

If it were up to me, you give them both $500k.

70k for a main event packed show us horrrndius

dhoukd be at least 250k

I like costa - he’s exciting - pay the guy

It’s annoying that he’s asking for this and imo he doesn’t deserve a pay raise for his recent performances in the cage.

however, the ufc should accept. This is more for whittaker anyway and costa will likely lose while the second biggest Australian ufc star does well and helps ufc profit.

they literally made a fucking billion in just the start of 2022!
This is nothing

How is costa not making 500k by now? Even 250 to show 250 to win? He’s got a fan friendly style and his social media presence is big for a Brazilian fighter. He even learned English to help make himself more popular.

I'm sure his manager asked for it.

Lol, didn't he hire his gf as his manager. Doubt she has the wherewithal negotiate anything of meaning

Edit. Yeah he hired his gf, probably in an attempt to not have to pay fees. Guess he's getting that quality return now.

Last edited:
How is costa not making 500k by now? Even 250 to show 250 to win? He’s got a fan friendly style and his social media presence is big for a Brazilian fighter. He even learned English to help make himself more popular.

It's because he still on his first contract. In UFC you get paid more for seniority. The more fights you fight for the company the more you make.

For example....

Angela Hill makes 95 show/win while Costa makes 70k show/win

Plus Hill makes an additional 20k per fight in Venum money

Angela Hill has like 20 fights with the company while Costa has 8 fights.

They are offering him a new higher paying contract but it's multi-fight deal and Costa doesn't want to sign for more fights. Hunter Campbell says the only either he signs for more fights or stays where is pay is at

Back