Paul Felder Has More Crossover Potential Than Conor

JonSnitchPhones

Beastin' 26/9
Reaction score
In addition to also being Irish, possessing an entertaining style, and plenty of fighting talent, Paul is actually a professional actor (went to acting school, works in the theater) and has a likeable personality (it doesn't almost solely consist of him telling you how great he is and rubbish everyone else is, trolling doesn't really have mainstream appeal, only in the dark corners of the web). One can easily envision him, especially using MMA as a springboard and vice versa, with a significant part in a real movie, unlike the garbage that mixed martial artists usually have sizable roles in, as well as endearing himself to the public on talk shows, to become a mainstream star.

[YT]BP8nFQmVSOQ[/YT]

[YT]yPYkX0Ox140[/YT]

After Conor fails at claiming the FW belt by losing to Aldo, Felder would be the perfect foil to give him another rude welcome at LW. The classic battle between good and evil. The Irish Dragon would have a chance to set the hype ablaze once and for all. Fire is how you kill an evil Leprechaun if you've ever seen the movie.

Thanks Paul's PR agent. Best of luck in the next fight.

pls.gif

I'm on the Felder hype train.
He's got class-A standup skills.

If they want to play up the Irish angle, then great. Increases the chances they'll put him on the next Dublin card, if he beats Miller.

yes, and that's exactly why conor is entertaining -- it ain't an act.

I am really looking forward to Felder's next fight.

I think Conor has more cross-over appeal than him though. Felder actually has more appeal to the true fans of martial arts. And I don't really get the comparison...Felder is just one of many Irish Americans. He just decided to put his heritage in his ring name. Conor is an Irish fighter...making waves in America after chewing up the European fight scene.

If you want to talk about the real war of the Irish fighters, let's wait for "Irish" Joe Duffy to start fighting. I am eagerly anticipating that one. I like Joe a lot, he doesn't have an outrageous personality, he is just a good Irish fighter. I hope he and Conor can end up in the same weight class again somehow...that rematch sells itself.

An actor too huh.. so if his bandwagon takes off will people call him the modern day Bruce Lee or what

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back