Paul Daley Taken to Hospital After Failed Weight Cut

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
sei_12290390.jpg

Paul Daley was hospitalized after missing weight ahead of his proposed welterweight clash with Derek Anderson, resulting in the cancellation of Thursday’s original main event. Sherdog.com confirmed the news with a promotion official following an initial report from Gareth Davies.

Paul Daley weighed in at 172.6 during the official window,” a Bellator statement read. “He was unable to make it to the stage during the ceremonial weigh-ins shortly after and was subsequently transported. Fight is off and we will have a a new main event shortly.”

Anderson, meanwhile, tipped the scales at 170.4 pounds.

As a result, a women’s flyweight clash between Kate Jackson (125.6) and Denise Kielholtz (123.4) will serve as the card’s new featured bout.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/B...d-Headliner-vs-Derek-Anderson-Canceled-175393

1. I hope Daley is OK.
2. Extreme weight cutting is detrimental to the sport, not just because of situations like this where fights fall through, but because it effects the quality of fights.
3. Kate Jackson vs Kielholtz as a headliner. Lol. Both are decent fighters and it might be a good scrap, but those are low to mid tier fighters at best. That is not the best your promotion offers.

Hope Paul is ok, never good to lose your main event.

That is the problem with Bellator......I casually watch it but always see results, highlights.....and still almost none of the fighters are memorable.....besides the Pitbull brothers and a couple of more fighters.....

Look at that Fight Card.....will you be watching?......If you are hardcore MMA the answer is obvious.....but......I think there is a lack of promoting the Roster in that organization....

There goes the only fight on the card that I actually heard of the fighters.:cool:

Back