Pascal next in line for Beterbiev in IBF eliminator

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
rlier this month the IBF ordered Artur Beterbiev to fight the next available contender in an eliminator bout for their light heavyweight title - a title currently held by Sergey Kovalev. The list of those who've already declined the fight includes: Bernard Hopkins, Isaac Chilemba, Erik Skoglund, Andrzej Fonfara and Seanie Monaghan. Now Jean Pascal is next in line.

Pascal has until August 21st to decide if he wants to take the fight, with the winner becoming the next mandatory for Kovalev next year.

"In the eliminator for the IBF light heavyweight title, the New Yorker Sean Monaghan declined the invitation to face Artur Beterbiev (IBF # 2). The next ranked contender by the IBF and available is Jean Pascal (IBF # 8). The deadline for response is 21 August," said Beterbiev's handlers GYM.

thats a great fight
a real toss up and both fights have a great storyline for kovalev

i want to see beterbiev take this my friend hails him as krushers only real challenge but ive never seen a full fight just some hls

Should be a interesting, I would like to see how Artur handles Pascal.

Beterbiev KO's Pascal. Pascal will not be able to keep Beterbiev off of him for a full fight.

Pascal and Beterbiev are sparring partners I doubt they fight each other.

that fight would be a mega fight in montreal though

If the Gonzalez fight is a reliable indicator for where Pascal's career is going, Beterbiev by KO. As said, though, they are training partners from what I understand so that could prevent a fight from happening.

Back