Party of Family Values (GOP)

OK there is some conflicting information.
The wife says no criminal record but some random forum says he has one. They link a Jorge Garcia but am I pretty sure there is more than one dude in the US with that same name.
That same forum also has peddled the not being able to speak English.

Would like to get a 2nd source to confirm the information. I am not doubting dbl0neg from debatepolitics.com information, but a 2nd source would be nice.
I know everything posted on Sherdog is factually correct, but am unsure of debatepolitics. com reputation with being truthful.

From the Court ruling:

-Garcia became a lawful permanent resident of the United States in 1995.
-In 1998, he pled guilty to the attempted possession of marihuana with the intent to deliverthe drug, in violation of Mich. Law
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) began removal proceedingsagainst him in 2005
- In July 2008, the immigration judge (IJ) concluded that Garcia should be denied both of these forms of relief.

From the articles:
-
After 30 years of living in the U.S, Garcia, a 39-year-old Lincoln Park landscaper, was deported
-When they tried to get him legal status in 2005, they wound up in deportation proceedings
- He's been trying for years to find a path to live legally in the U.S., with he and his wife spending $125,000 in legal costs and fees since 2005, says his wife.
-Garcia had been facing an order of removal from immigration courts since 2009,

He came here at age 10. It was not like he had a choice, I doubt a 10 year old is going to try and swim the Rio Grande.
My biggest concern at age 10 was hoping my mom would score me tickets to go see Dusty Rhodes kick ass.
Also is his wife a citizen? If he married a US citizen then he can be a citizen.

That's not exactly automatic. My sister-in-law is married to an Egyptian and he can't even get a passport.

What all matches besides the name?

The dates for when the wife says his deportation trouble started.

edit: also from the same state, and obviously she was omitting something for the guy to be getting deported.

Last edited:
The dates for when the wife says his deportation trouble started.

Who knows, it may or may not be the same guy. I definitely would not take to slandering the guy on the Internet based on Internet searches that we do not know are even him.

That seems like pretty specific information from an online judiciary search. Did you view that information yourself or did you get that from another forum?

He came here at age 10. It was not like he had a choice, I doubt a 10 year old is going to try and swim the Rio Grande.
My biggest concern at age 10 was hoping my mom would score me tickets to go see Dusty Rhodes kick ass.
Also is his wife a citizen? If he married a US citizen then he can be a citizen.

giphy.gif

Who knows, it may or may not be the same guy. I definitely would not take to slandering the guy on the Internet based on Internet searches that we do not know are even him.

That seems like pretty specific information from an online judiciary search. Did you view that information yourself or did you get that from another forum?

I posted the link to the actual court document. Has to be him based on what the wife said about the dates.

http://www.opn.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/11a0077p-06.pdf

If so, some small exceptions to her claims:
-He has a drug conviction, hence the deportation.

Last edited:
I posted the link to the actual court document. Has to be him based on what the wife said about the dates.

-He's been in the country 23 yrs, not 30. (I was thinking 30 would have put him pretty close to Reagan's amnesty if he's 39)

-He came when he was 17, not 10.

It does not have to be him, but it could be. We really have no way of knowing for sure. If it is, that's pretty reckless of him to be doing anything illegal, at any point, if his potential legality in this country depended on it. But a getting caught with weed 20 years ago is a pretty depressing reason for a family to be split up like that.

It does not have to be him, but it could be. We really have no way of knowing for sure. If it is, that's pretty reckless of him to be doing anything illegal, at any point, if his potential legality in this country depended on it. But a getting caught with weed 20 years ago is a pretty depressing reason for a family to be split up like that.

Ok, it's more than likely him based on her previous statements by the wife and info in the court doc.

I agree that it's harsh, but at 20 I doubt he was thinking about legal residency or the ramifications of the act.

What I found interesting - besides the actual info - was that his wife said they had gotten bad legal advice. 1 of his claims was inadequate council for the drug charge because he didn't know that his plea would effect his future status.

How can you be in the country illegally and not think that pleading to intent to distribute might get you deported?

If he doesn't speak English, thats ridiculous. Literally ridiculous. I would be proud to speak Spanish if I stayed in Mexico a few years.

Yes. It all matches the info from the story. Minus the no criminal record part and the number of years. He's been here 20 years.

umm he would have to have been here for about 30 years or so for the stories to match up.

-He's been in the country 23 yrs, not 30. (I was thinking 30 would have put him pretty close to Reagan's amnesty if he's 39)

-He came when he was 17, not 10.

You are confusing when he entered the United States (illegally) vs when he became a lawful permanent resident (meaning green card holder in 1995) assuming they are the same person.

umm he would have to have been here for about 30 years or so for the stories to match up.

Well she certain left out or embellished a few details. Like I said 30yrs would put him right around Reagan's amnesty so that part cant be correct. She also said he didn't have a criminal record and there's no other reason that he wouldn't get naturalized since he's married to a citizen.

Both are from Michigan, have the same name, started having immigration troubles in '05, and lost their appeal to stay.

You are confusing when he entered the United States (illegally) vs when he became a lawful permanent resident (meaning green card holder in 1995) assuming they are the same person.

He never had a green card - that's why they're deporting him. He tried to get it '05 after he got married and that's when he started paying all the legal fees the wife was talking about.

Edit: You may be correct about my assertion that he never had a green card. It seems that you renew those every 10 yrs so maybe he was here 30years - getting a green card in '95 and they wouldn't renew it '05.

Of course there's going to be a reason that they wouldn't renew it.

Last edited:
It’s a sad story. Sensible immigration policy should have been worked out long ago.

It's no use. Republican supporters stripped the topic of its humanity and its nuance long ago. Because they were smart and hardworking enough to be born here, they are entitled to the blissful ignorance and convenience of defaulting to moral and political absolutism, i.e. "came here illegally, ship 'em out" or "breaking the law is breaking the law"

Sadly enough, Republicans in the WR are unwilling to use this same position when it comes to the President. If some how its not about Russia then it isn't breaking the law and Mueller should turn a blind eye to the offense.

So it looks like he had a criminal record and even under Obama's watch would have been kicked out.

How is he here 30 years and doesn't speak English?

Also this was kicked to Congress where it should be. That's where it needs to be worked out.
Spanish is the lingua franca in the industries where illegals work in like construction. I've worked in construction before and many times people would address me in Spanish first and when I tell them I only speak a little Spanish but speak English they'll switch to fluent English.

Jorge Garcia, a 39-year-old landscaper and father of two who has lived in the United States for 30 years, said a painful goodbye to his family at the Detroit Metro Airport early Monday morning.

Garcia was deported, after having lived in the United States since he was a child, when his family came as undocumented immigrants from Mexico.

Garcia had been facing an order of removal since 2009, but had received extensions under the Obama administration. Because of the Trump administration's crackdown on undocumented immigrants, Garcia was ordered to return to Mexico in November.
The Garcia family said they pleaded with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to extend his time in the hopes that a new Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) law -- one without an age limit -- would be put in place to make him eligible.
The ICE officials finally said that because there was no DACA law currently in place, Jorge Garcia had to leave the country.
The video of the Garcia's painful goodbye, supervised by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement officials, went viral on Monday.
Cindy Garcia told CNN's Chris Cuomo that she wants President Trump to know that her husband is "not a criminal."
"Yes, he was brought here at 10 years old and yes, he entered the country illegally, but he has no criminal record and his case needs to be looked at individually because he deserves to be here in a country that he's known -- not Mexico," she said.

Get your hate on Trumpers, rant away.

I have the same response to this, that I do to building the wall. We need E-verify with teeth.

Once we have that, then we can talk about legal worker permits, or citizenship, or walls, or whatever.

Fix the God damn problem. The problem is people can work here, and be illegal.

LOL @ that forum post trying to smear this guy.

I wonder how many Jorge Garcias exist in Detroit.... Holy Shit, Googling the name, it looks like he also stared in Lost.

Conservatives will do anything to try and make brown people seem scary.

I loved this blog post on the matter
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/16/latest-poster-child-anti-deportation/

<36>

Dudes been here since 10 and you goons are gonna sit here and act like this "can't speak english" description is fitting.

Hell some of you are dumb as rocks, but stick you in Japan at 10 and by goly im sure you'll pick up the language, even without trying.

Back