Palhares stripped and suspended !!

I think we've established the guy probably doesnt even know what hes doing. Even ppl interviewing him often say hes not all there.

How amazing would it be if he didn't know he was fighting and, in his mind, he thought he was going in front of massive crowds and nursing orphaned baby bunnies? He doesn't understand why they cheer when he feeds them, but then hate him and punish him when he feeds them more.

Paul Harris' teammates don't complain so I assume he "turns it off" outside competition when he's doing friendly rolls in the gym.

Not true. MMA great Murilo Bustamente had to kick Palhares out of his gym for injuring people after putting in a lot of work to try to get him to change his ways, even going as far as to hire a psychologist to work with him.

Should get a long suspension as should Shields

Mazz should be banned for life though

Lmao Ban and strip the guy who just cleaned out your division, that's cool.

[YT]tnQ3YBR-7n0[/YT]

Man, this change my perspective.

Not many people has actually see this I guess. Everybody is shitting on Palhares now but this clip can be an argument.

And even with all the drama, I could say that the submission set up was fucking great.

He is the perfect monster for a Sakikabara led NYE show in Japan.

so when Fedor held on to Ogawa too long that was cool, but when Rousimar holds on for a second after the ref pulls on him he is a scumbag. there is a terrible double standard here and if you watch the replay he isnt putting any extra torque on the submission once the ref steps in, he is literally in lala land and takes a second to react to the stoppage.
We are actually condoning punching after the bell as opposed to a guy holding a sub for 1 second too long. wtf is wrong with this site.

so when Fedor held on to Ogawa too long that was cool, but when Rousimar holds on for a second after the ref pulls on him he is a scumbag. there is a terrible double standard here and if you watch the replay he isnt putting any extra torque on the submission once the ref steps in, he is literally in lala land and takes a second to react to the stoppage.
We are actually condoning punching after the bell as opposed to a guy holding a sub for 1 second too long. wtf is wrong with this site.

Give me a freakin break. The guy has cranked submissions well after taps his whole career.

If you think he is such a great guy then go roll with him and let us know how big your medical bill is after you tap and he breaks your leg. The dude does not belong in mma.

Good lord man. Homeboy is literally known for holding on too long, has been banned from other orgs/comps for holding on too long, been kicked out of his gym for holding on too long, former coach called in psychiatrists to check him out for holding too long.

Who is condoning punching after the bell and what makes you think Shields does not get punished for punching after the bell?

Double standards should be at the bottom of your list and basic "day to day" things at the top.

Give me a freakin break. The guy has cranked submissions well after taps his whole career.

If you think he is such a great guy then go roll with him and let us know how big your medical bill is after you tap and he breaks your leg. The dude does not belong in mma.

Well said. I am in disbelief at the people still defending Palhares. I was frankly disgusted with Palhares watching that fight. Even his cornermen told him to watch the eye gouges, and after even being warned by the goofball ref, he does not stop. He definitely did not let go of the submission in time as well. Good move by WSOF.

Palhares was hitting his stride and looks like he could be a tough matchup for quite a bit of fighters, UFC included. Hes gonna spend time on the sidelines at a key point in his career.

If he doesn't learn after this then he probably won't ever. I still think the Hendo flying elbow after the H Bomb on Bisping was worse, dude was obviously out cold. Yet people think that's funny.

Paul definitely deserved the suspension. He's a mental mook. However, it's really a shame because the guy is otherworldly in the jiu-jitsu department, and up until he won't let go of a submission, he's fun to watch.

Mazzagatti needs his license revoked. He has no business being inside a cage.

Not true. MMA great Murilo Bustamente had to kick Palhares out of his gym for injuring people after putting in a lot of work to try to get him to change his ways, even going as far as to hire a psychologist to work with him.

Jesus.

He is their #1 talent and between #2 and #5 draw. They aren't getting rid of him (unless the AC's do something).

He does deserve some punishment though.

People crack me up I haven't seen Tree Stomp do anything wrong in a long time people over react due to his history. Jake was out of the sub within a second of the ref touching Stomp as was Pierce.

Back