Palhares on BJJ

296316_288440644502429_1330730683_n.jpg

The people saying Toquinho only knows how to do heelhooks should check out that vid. Cool to see him hitting the North-South choke so many times in sparring!

He's an interesting guy -- scary, brutal, joyful, friendly all at the same time.

nice small documentary. wish it was longer though

The people saying Toquinho only knows how to do heelhooks should check out that vid. Cool to see him hitting the North-South choke so many times in sparring!

True t one thing I never see is him taking the RNC. He always seems to be spinning for an arm when there is an easy path to the back. Even when he gets the back he rarely locks in the choke.

True t one thing I never see is him taking the RNC. He always seems to be spinning for an arm when there is an easy path to the back. Even when he gets the back he rarely locks in the choke.

A lot of times the arms the easier option. I'd imagine more so in MMA with the big gloves.

Nice video. I always like hearing people explain Jiu Jitsu in a context that isn't purely technical. Definitely makes me want to train more.

I can't believe he fights at 185 lbs. He's built like a cinder block

Mario Sperry recently said that Palhares has the best BJJ of anyone he has ever trained with.

I'm pretty sure he is proficient in all bjj moves.

Back