Palestine Joins ICC to Pursue Israel for War Crimes

LatFlare

EADC
@Black
Reaction score
The Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, dramatically moved to join the international criminal court on Wednesday, setting Palestinians on a diplomatic collision course with Israel and Washington, and risking imposition of US sanctions.

Abbas signed the Rome statute governing the court and 19 other international agreements, potentially opening the way to Palestinians to pursue Israel for war crimes in the court of last resort based in The Hague.

Israel and the US respond (not happy):

In response to Abbas

Last edited:
Israel might be the worst side effect of WWII. I can't think of anything else that has been causing such a long-lasting problems for the world peace.

According to some im a zionist traitor, but i have no problem with this move. Make no mistake Hamas is a terror org and a major obstacle to peace, but i dont believe this israeli govt wants a deal.

Israel might be the worst side effect of WWII. I can't think of anything else that has been causing such a long-lasting problems for the world peace.

Yeah its all their fault. Lol

I quess it is all good apart from signing NPT which is something not to do.

If you're talking about militant Islam and Mujahideen, that is more of a Cold War product, in great thanks to U.S. training and supplying Muslim soon-to-be-terrorists. Success.

The ignorance in your posts is astounding. Jihadis have been a major obstacle to world peace for over a millennia, far longer than the US has even been a country. Imposing their barbarism on non-believers, along with the brutality of their Sunni-Shia split has been causing wars since Muhammad had his "revelation".

Put it this way, even if Israel ceased to exist tomorrow and Palestine was given all that land, Islam would still be an impediment to world peace. But instead of Israel, Muslims would be bitching about the Sunni/Shia supremacy, Nigeria, Kashmir, Thailand, Philippines, etc.

If you're talking about militant Islam and Mujahideen, that is more of a Cold War product, in great thanks to U.S. training and supplying Muslim soon-to-be-terrorists. Success.

LOL "militant Islam" has existed for 1400 years, coincidentally, as long as Islam has existed. Whodathunkit.

Well, drawing up of the Middle East map was certainly a problem. But, imho, you are underestimating the degree of influence Israel has on world economy, US foreign policy, and instability in that region.

faculty027.jpg

Israel and the US respond (not happy):

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/31/palestinian-president-international-criminal-court

The PA also signed 19 other treaties such as Nuclear Non-Proliferation, Treaty governing use of Cluster Weapons etc, but that's not so interesting.

So, is this going to be a huge backfire or will it help the cause? Seems like they really pissed of Israel and the US by doing this so it clearly won't help negotiations.

They have a 60 day waiting period before they can pursue Israel in the ICC.

Discuss.

To the best of my understanding:

1) an ICC prosecutor had already said in 2012 that the Palestinians couldn't become members as they weren't a state. And the being a non-voting member of the UN didn't negate this. Palestinians don't have standing to bring a case

2) Since neither Israel nor Palestine is a participating member, the UN Security Council would have to be the ones to bring a case against them. Which the US would veto.

3) From the ICC: The co-operation of the non-party states with the ICC is envisioned by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court to be of voluntary nature. So Israel doesn't have to co-operate ie. show up

4) Notable indictments include current president of Sudan Omar al-Bashir, current President of Kenya Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta, former Libya dictator Muammar Gaddafi, and LRA leader Joseph Kony. All 4 warrants where ignored or unserviceable

To the best of my understanding:

1) an ICC prosecutor had already said in 2012 that the Palestinians couldn't become members as they weren't a state. And the being a non-voting member of the UN didn't negate this. Palestinians don't have standing to bring a case

2) Since neither Israel nor Palestine is a participating member, the UN Security Council would have to be the ones to bring a case against them. Which the US would veto.

3) From the ICC: The co-operation of the non-party states with the ICC is envisioned by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court to be of voluntary nature. So Israel doesn't have to co-operate ie. show up

4) Notable indictments include current president of Sudan Omar al-Bashir, current President of Kenya Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta, former Libya dictator Muammar Gaddafi, and LRA leader Joseph Kony. All 4 warrants where ignored or unserviceable

v interesting, thanks.

Don't forget to blame the USSR as well.

I realize that all people who read conspiracy websites love to hate on the West for the role played. But lets not forget the very real evil and totalitarian way of life the USSR promoted.

According to some im a zionist traitor, but i have no problem with this move. Make no mistake Hamas is a terror org and a major obstacle to peace, but i dont believe this israeli govt wants a deal.

I have blame the Palestinians before for failed deals, but Israel is currently bullying right now.

It would have been a good idea to have taken the deal given that the palestinians still have not had any success.

With that said though, Israel's settlement building is clearly illegal and is not something anyone can defend (if they are informed about the situation). It is obvious imo that Israel under Netanyahu intends on stealing more land. If there was any potential room for a new deal it will be a sh#ty one offered by Israel.

So signing something that amounts to an avenue for State wrongs to be addressed and for states to be held accountable is "escalatory"?

I guess Israel never likes the idea that they should be accountable for any of their actions.

Israel and Arab states should wipe each other off in a massive war. Maybe then we'll finally have some peace in the Middle East.

Israel and Arab states should wipe each other off in a massive war. Maybe then we'll finally have some peace in the Middle East.

you monster! think of the gas prices if a massive war happened there!

but yeah, they can all commit seppuku with kitchen knives. they won't be missed.

The smoke and mirrors show of Palestine and the world's Islamic community. "If we call them war criminals then maybe everyone will agree that they should all be killed like our Hadiths command!"

You must be joking. If anything, this is the most overblown conflict in the world. The amount of casualties and territory evolved is so minor, relatively speaking, that to address it as if impeding world peace is laughable.

Back