Paleo Question

StrikerStatus

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have been following this diet for roughly one month and my buddy who is also on it said that he thinks sprouted bread (i.e. Ezekiel) breakfast and PWO would not break it since it is sprouts. Anyones opinions appreciated.

can you eat it raw? I think thats the bottom line for paleo foods. If its toxic in its raw form its out.

I have been following this diet for roughly one month and my buddy who is also on it said that he thinks sprouted bread (i.e. Ezekiel) breakfast and PWO would not break it since it is sprouts. Anyones opinions appreciated.

It's not going to make or break it; PWO and breakfast are the best options.

Essentially, a "pure" Paleo diet wouldn't contain any form of grain. But sprouted is a good option, and breakfast (decent timing) or PWO (optimal timing) are your best bets.

Yeah, I figured that sprouted bread would actually be better than oats on this, but I don't know. My energy levels have not dropped, but I love carbs. Mike, how has Paleo been for you?

Mike, how has Paleo been for you?

It's been great; substantially increasing my fat intake has led to a noticeable increase in energy levels and recovery. Initially cutting bread and oats was difficult, if only due to breaking long-standing dietary habits.

As far as carbs go, cutting grains and starches literally forces you to eat more vegetables and fruit. Not a bad thing, either. I've got two huge Tupperware containers full of chopped broccoli and cauliflower filling and emptying in the fridge at all times now. I'm making more trips to the grocery store, but it's not a big deal; it's usually the staples: eggs, veggies, whole milk (not Paleo, but I'll be fucked if I'm giving my PWO milk up.), etc.

Most people also tend to see a reduction in allergies as well. What most people don't realize is that paleo is also practically gluten free. it has shown to help in neuro disease treatment as well especially when caught early in children.

It's been great; substantially increasing my fat intake has led to a noticeable increase in energy levels and recovery. Initially cutting bread and oats was difficult, if only due to breaking long-standing dietary habits.

As far as carbs go, cutting grains and starches literally forces you to eat more vegetables and fruit. Not a bad thing, either. I've got two huge Tupperware containers full of chopped broccoli and cauliflower filling and emptying in the fridge at all times now. I'm making more trips to the grocery store, but it's not a big deal; it's usually the staples: eggs, veggies, whole milk (not Paleo, but I'll be fucked if I'm giving my PWO milk up.), etc.

Nice. Yeah I have been eating my weight in spinach, but I miss my morning oats. My body comp has def improved. Hooorah abs

Back