Media Paddy Pimblett: “Even I want Tony Ferguson to get a win and retire”

Who’s going to win this weekend?

• Total voters
I like Paddy but he really came off looking really bad in that Ariel situation. I am assuming it's kind words now but the press conference will get ugly.

I've never liked either of them - hope Tony drops him though as Tony is easier for me to ignore at this point, doesen't constantly say 'lad' and has been part of many exciting fights.

Paddy's right eye lid did not get the calendar invite for this interview and is scrambling to get it together

Paddy will win this. Tony will have a few moments, but his chin or his ground game will fail him at some point. I'm not sure there's anyone else at LW who has taken such a hellacious amount of damage over a career as Tony has.

I could see it. Tony still seems to be able to take a shot, and he still has power.

Paddy isn't a worn down nub of his former self, like Tony is, but paddy at his best is a fraction of Tony at his best. It's certainly possible Tony lands a clean counter somewhere in the fight and puts the baddy in trouble

Even the guy that was hiding in Tony's wall wants Tony to win

I feel this is just a bad fight for Paddy. Not that I don't think he can win, but if he does win you know everyone on here will be like "Tony is over-the-hill, past his prime and needs to retire" more than applauding Pimbletts win

And if he loses than you will get the "never that good" crowd pop up in a heartbeat.
Are you saying this is peak Tony?

I'll be cheering for Paddy in this one time for Tony to go.

And if he loses than you will get the "never that good" crowd pop up in a heartbeat.
Agreed. But if Paddy does lose, don’t you think the phrase would be about as appropriate as it could be? Not to suggest that Paddy couldn’t ever amount to anything.

You really think that the guy who was Nate Diaz's only sub in 6 years and Bobby Green's only sub win in 10 years is a bad fight for Paddy?

Paddy will submit Tony and make it look easy. Paddy's not the best fighter in the world but he's damn good at BJJ.
Context is important.
Tony got guillotined by Nate after he shot a panic td because he could not handle the heat standing.

Tony was also dominated by Green before he got subbed.
Tony deteriorated a lot but his sub defense is decent when he's not compromised.
He survived vs Dariush and Charles after all.

I doubt Paddy will just take him down and sub him.

Oh noes we got another Pat Barry/Cro Cop situation on our hands. Gonna be 15 minutes high fiving hugging and patting each other on the butt at the end of each round.

As one of the biggest Ferguson fans on the site I foresee Dana needing to have the talk with Ferguson after this fight or Tony getting released. The amount of damage he‘s taken just from the past 6 fights is enough for a career of fighting, Tony needs to be saved from himself, he’s an antique version of himself.

I want Tony to win so bad man but he is so shot and so delusional, its hard to watch as a fan.

I hope to see him drop and sub Paddy but I just dont think it will happen.

Me too but I think this is winnable for Tony, either on the feet or if it goes to the ground. I think they match up wel on the mat but Tony has better striking than pimblett. Paddys stand up is horrible, and he’s wide open to counters (he has no defensive mindset), but he has a rock solid chin.

Won or lose this needs to be tonys last fight!

Paddy will win this. Tony will have a few moments, but his chin or his ground game will fail him at some point. I'm not sure there's anyone else at LW who has taken such a hellacious amount of damage over a career as Tony has.

Other than gaethge, I don’t think anyone has dished out as much damage at LW either. Those days are long gone though

Context is important.
Tony got guillotined by Nate after he shot a panic td because he could not handle the heat standing.

Tony was also dominated by Green before he got subbed.
Tony deteriorated a lot but his sub defense is decent when he's not compromised.
He survived vs Dariush and Charles after all.

I doubt Paddy will just take him down and sub him.

If he couldn't handle the "heat" from Nate or Bobby Green how is he going to deal with Paddy who is bigger, much more athletic, and hits harder than either of them?

Paddy's not a technically sound striker but Tony's striking defense at this point is godawful and he wilts against aggression. He's going to get club and subbed

Back