Pacquiao saddened by former opponent Ricky Hatton's demise and the difference between

mikezismike

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sometimes, some people get so far that they forget how they got to where they are. Manny Pacquiao is perhaps the most revered sports figure in Philippine Sports history thanks to his ring exploits, pugilistic brilliance and crowd-pleasing aggressive fighting style. As much as he is an exceptional athlete however, Pacquiao is also beloved for the manner in which he conducts himself outside the ring. Before he ever conceived of even donning the label of a seven division world boxing champion, Pacquiao was being hailed as The People's Champion for his gregarious personality and humble demeanor. But the one thing that truly stands out about Pacquiao is his faith. From day one, Pacquiao has attributed his success to his faith and has made it a point to humble himself and whatever achievements he may have accomplished to THE MAN upstairs.

Perhaps that is why even despite the astronomical rise Pacquiao has had, and even during times when he is hit with controversy, the Pac Man has remained steady. During times when big-named sports figures like Floyd Mayweather Jr. make headlines for the wrong reasons, it's refreshing to know that there are still truly admirable role models we can look up to in sports. When Mayweather was hurling racial slurs and baseless allegations about him being on steroids, Pacquio remained silent and handled himself with class. So it's only fitting that months after the same incriminating allegations that Pacquiao continues making good news as a boxer and lawmaker while Mayweather has been hurling hate comments and making tabloids as a lawbreaker.

Pacquiao also had these words of wisdom for Hatton: "Don

Pacman fan right here truly a role model.

Wtf happened to Hatton lol from fighting on the biggest stage in boxing to snorting coke in a bathroom.

Manny Pacquiao is the greatest. I am filipino so I know that I always root for filipinos but it's good to know that the filipino population is being represented by a guy who is truly generous and humble. It is better that he is the best in the world and that people respect him and it shows a good image on the filipino people. Not to mention that his heart and determination gives me and the rest of my brethren hope for the future and to continue to live despite the fact that we are constantly faced with hardships and obstacles. I am american so it is not so hard for me but my cousins and my family back home are poor and I hope to one day be like Manny Pacquiao and help my family by making alot of money. It's hard but, like Pacquiao, I never give up.

Manny! Manny! Manny!!!

gjo06683-c.jpeg

as a mexican, i can honestly say pac is one of my faves of all time, soo classy, as much as it pains me to say but i cant wait to see him destroy margarito, he'll make it up to me by beating the shit outta myweather

Sometimes, some people get so far that they forget how they got to where they are. Manny Pacquiao is perhaps the most revered sports figure in Philippine Sports history thanks to his ring exploits, pugilistic brilliance and crowd-pleasing aggressive fighting style. As much as he is an exceptional athlete however, Pacquiao is also beloved for the manner in which he conducts himself outside the ring. Before he ever conceived of even donning the label of a seven division world boxing champion, Pacquiao was being hailed as The People's Champion for his gregarious personality and humble demeanor. But the one thing that truly stands out about Pacquiao is his faith. From day one, Pacquiao has attributed his success to his faith and has made it a point to humble himself and whatever achievements he may have accomplished to THE MAN upstairs.

Perhaps that is why even despite the astronomical rise Pacquiao has had, and even during times when he is hit with controversy, the Pac Man has remained steady. During times when big-named sports figures like Floyd Mayweather Jr. make headlines for the wrong reasons, it's refreshing to know that there are still truly admirable role models we can look up to in sports. When Mayweather was hurling racial slurs and baseless allegations about him being on steroids, Pacquio remained silent and handled himself with class. So it's only fitting that months after the same incriminating allegations that Pacquiao continues making good news as a boxer and lawmaker while Mayweather has been hurling hate comments and making tabloids as a lawbreaker.

Pacquiao also had these words of wisdom for Hatton: "Don

Thanks TS I saw that article earlier this week very classy.

Do you think you could translate the following article?

It's Pacquiao's article on his thoughts on Hatton ect..
PhilBoxing.com >> News >> Columns >> Manny Pacquiao: Matuwid na Pamumuhay

Here is a rough transalation of the part where he commented about Ricky:

When I learned that my former opponent Ricky Hatton of England got addicted to drugs I was deeply saddened by what happened to my friend. Yes, I consider Mr. Hatton as a friend because outside the ring. I know Ricky is a kind and cheerful person.

I hope Ricky Hatton gets to straighten his life back. Don

Thanks TS I saw that article earlier this week very classy.

Do you think you could translate the following article?

It's Pacquiao's article on his thoughts on Hatton ect..
PhilBoxing.com >> News >> Columns >> Manny Pacquiao: Matuwid na Pamumuhay

sure bro ill be glad to help someone out...

MANILA — Magandang araw po ulit sa lahat ng aking mga tagasubaybay, fans at mga kaibigan mula Jolo hanggang Batanes. Sana ay nasa mabuti kayong kalagayan saan man kayo naroroon saan mang sulok ng mundo.

(Manila- good day to all of my viewers, fans and friends from Jolo up to Batanes. I hope all of you are in good condition wherever you are in the world/in any corner of the world)

Ako po ay nagsimula nang maghanda para sa nalalapit na laban sa Nobyembre 13 kontra sa Mexicanong si Antonio Margarito para sa bakanteng World Boxing Council light middleweight title. Halos walong linggo ang gugugulin sa ensayo at sobra-sobra pa rin ang panahon para sa paghahanda. Maganda na ring umpisahan ang pagbabalik ng hangin sa ating mga baga para pagdating dito ni coach Freddie Roach ay mas maayos ang simula ng pormal na training.

(i am starting to prepare for my upcoming fight this coming november 13 againts the Mexican Antonio Margarito for the vacant World Boxing Council Light middle weight title. its almost 8 weeks i spent in practice/training and theres more time to prepare. I also started to practice for my cardio training/fill air on my lungs once again for when Freddie Roach arrives the Formal Training will run smooth)

Excited na ulit akong lumaban sa magara at malawak na Cowboys Stadium sa Arlington, Texas kaya naman araw-araw na ang aking pagjo-jogging sa umaga upang magkaroon pa ako ng oras na kumain ng marami at magpahinga para sa sessions sa Congress sa hapon. So far, so good naman ang scheduling at nagagampanan ko ang aking tungkulin sa aking mga nasasaklawang kinatawan sa Sarangani province. Masaya ako dahil nagagawa ko ang dalawa sa passion ko sa buhay: ang boxing at ang manilbihan sa aking kapwa.

(Im excited to once again fight in the elegant & huge/Extensive Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas. therefore everyday i always Jog/Jogging in the morning for me to have time in eating and more rest for the sessions of Congress in the Afternoon. the schedule is okay. so far, so good that i was able to fulfill my duties as a Representative/Congressman of Sarangani Province. I am Happy because i was able to do 2 things/ 2 passion in my life that is BOXING and To serve my countrymen)

Of course, boxing is my passion. This is my life. This is my first love. Iba ang aking nararamdaman kapag ako ay nasa ibabaw ng ring. Kung ako ay nanonood ng boxing lalung-lalo na noong lumalaban pa ang aking kapatid na si Bobby, ako ay ninenerbiyos at kinakabahan. Pero kapag ako ay nasa ibabaw na ng ring, kakaiba ang pakiramdam. Ang takot ay napapalitan ng excitement at saya dahil ito talaga ang pangunahing pinagmulan ng kung anumang tagumpay at yaman meron ako ngayon. Boxing changes me. Being a congressman and being able to help and inspire other people around me completes me.

(Of course, Boxing is my passion. This is my life. This is my first love. i feel different when im the ring. when I watch boxing especially when my Brother Bobby is fighting i feel nervous and tense but when im up there in the ring, I feel different, the Fear is replaced by excitement and joy because this is source/root of my success and wealth that i have in my life. Boxing changes me. Being a congressman and being able to help and inspire other people around me completes me.)

Sa pamamagitan ng boksing, ipinapaalala sa akin na kailangan kong kumain ng masusustansiyang pagkain. Kailangan ay balanced diet at dahil kailangan kong magpabigat para sa light middleweight division, kailangan puno palagi ang aking plato. Kung hindi ako kakain, babagsak ang aking timbang at lalaki ang kalamangan ni Margarito sa laki, taas at timbang. Sa boksing, ang pangangalaga sa aking katawan ang pundasyon ng tagumpay.

(Through boxing, It reminded me that I need to eat nutritious food. I need to balanced my diet because I have to make weight for the light middleweight division, I have always filled my plate. If i will not eat, My weight falls and the advantage of Margarito in size, height and weight will increase. In Boxing taking good care of your body is the Foundation of Success.)

Kaya naman nang nalaman kong nagpabaya na at nagpakalulong sa bawal na droga ang aking nakalabang si Ricky Hatton ng England, lubos ang aking kalungkutan sa sinapit ng aking kaibigan. Opo, kaibigan ang turing ko kay Ginoong Hatton dahil sa labas ng ring, alam kong mabait at masayahing tao si Ricky.

(When I found out about my former opponent Ricky Hatton of England losing his way and his addiction to illegal drugs, I was deeply saddened by the fate of my friend. Yes, I consider Mr. Hatton a friend because outside the ring, I know Ricky is a good and fun-loving person.)

Walang maidudulot na maganda ang droga kaya naman ipinagbabawal ang paggamit nito sa kahit na anumang sports discipline. Bukod sa masisira ang pangangatawan, ang pag-iisip ay lubhang maaapektuhan. Hindi ka makakapag-isip ng matuwid at mawawala ang iyong kontrol sa sarili.

(You have nothing to gain in using DRUGS therefore it shall be prohibited in any Sports discipline. besides from destroying the body it will also affect your thinking. You cant think right and you will lose control of yourself)

Kaya payo ko rin sa lahat lalung-lalo na sa mga kabataan, mahalin natin ang ating sarili dahil dito magmumula ang simula sa pamumuhay na maayos.

(I adviced to all especially for the YOUTH, that we must Love ourselves because this is where start to live well on our lives.)

Sana maayos ni Ricky Hatton ang kaniyang buhay. Don’t tell God that you have a big problem, but tell your problem that you have a great God. Kung ilalagay natin ang Diyos sa gitna ng ating buhay, walang bagay na imposible, walang bagay na mahirap. Gaya ng pag-eensayo at paghahanda ko, kapag nasa gitna ang Diyos, palaging masaya at naitatawid ko ang hirap, kahit na higante pa ang kaharap.

Hanggang sa muling Kumbinasyon. God Bless Us All.

(I hope Ricky Hatton gets to straighten his life back. Don’t tell God that you have a big problem, but tell your problem that you have a great God. If we put God at the center of our life, nothing is impossible, nothing is difficult. Like when I am training and getting ready (for a fight), when God is in my midst, I feel happy and that I can get through all the hardships, no matter how big the challenge ahead..

Until Next Combination. God Bless Us All.
)

There not the best translation but im making it sure that our foreign friends will understand it.

thanks for translating! At first I wasn't too supportive of the Margarito fight because I believe Tony should never fight let alone be rewarded with a big payday but, now I look at is as supporting Pacquiao more than hating on Tony, I will be going to Texas in November for the fight.

Hatton is being a typical boxer. The reality is that to dedicate your life to something such as boxing, requires a lot of physical and mental pain and some people can only temporarily escape this difficulty with drugs or alcohol. Its an unforgiving sport, with hard to bear consequences.

Great fighter and great ambassador to the sport...

Fu*k all of his haters...

Pacman is simply the best, inside and outside the ring. Too bad it looks like the Mayweather fight will never happen

Back