• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pacquiao: "Floyd doesn't want to fight me."

Arum has been vocal about not doing business. Floyd hasn't said a negative word about negotiations.

There is no logical explanation as to why Cotto is easier than Floyd. Floyd would be a 2-1 favorite over Pac.

Because Floyd didn't fight the best at 130 and 135? When Floyd became champ at WW Shane and Cotto weren't even there, and they both had turned down fights prior. Pac is the easiest fight out of the 3 and it amazes me people don't realize.

easiest??? LOL you had big imagination

Bias much? Why does he have to beat them three, when Pacquiao hasn't even fought Cotto yet, and he is ranked #1, and i'm sure you already see him as #1. If Floyd beats just two of them, he won't "just" be #1, he will go down as an all time great. There isn't anything else he needs to do. I hope his next fight is Pacquiao (if he beats Cotto), and then finally to shut Sugar Shane up and then retire.

And likewise for Pacquiao. I recognize he is the current #1 p4p because Floyd was inactive for 21 months while he was busy fighting, but until he beats Floyd, i don't see him as a legend just yet. If teh fight doesn't happen for whatever reasons it would be a shame. And regarding on who is the bigger draw, Pacquiao dominates the south eastern market, but I still believe Floyd is THE fighter to beat. He has a bigger and longer legacy, a perfect record, and is seemingly unbeatable (well, at the moment he really is).

This coming from a man who love to hug the ball of PBF. PBF doesnt want to fight Mosley or even Margarito He is even afraid of Paul Williams. Then people will tell it doesnt bring big draw. I thought PBF himself said that without him Boxing will be dead and he gets the biggest PPV whenever he fights. So why backdown fights if you have already stated your the reason why people watch boxing. The main reason is he doesnt want to have a dirty records. SO he can prove that his unbeaten eventhough he didnt beat the best at his time

No matter what selection Floyd makes, it'll be called "easy."

Pac is too small and wasn't really a threat above 135.

Shane is too old.

Cotto wasn't the same after Tony bludgeoned him.

Tony's a dirty cheater who should be struck by lightning 15 times (but Shane's cheating is better.)

Get with the program.

Are you saying is he should fight Alverez(who?) instead. I don't think people will be as harsh with criticism if he takes any of the fights you mention. But it seems to me like people are already making excuses for Floyd as to why he shouldn't have to take any of them. This joker ( Mayweather) actually thinks that boxing lives or dies based on him being in it. Well maybe it does suffer if his hype train never lives up to the hype.

As much as I would like to see Floyd fight some real competition now when he's back, I can see where he's coming from. fighting any of the big names now are a lose/lose situation for him

He fights Pacquiao, win, Pacman was too small for him, loses, Pacman takes his #1 p4p status, and mayweather becomes "overated"

Margacheato - He wins, Margacheato cant win without Plaster, he loses, Floy'd loses his p4p status, and is considered "overated"

Shane - He wins, Mosley was old, he loses, he's overated

Really, This goes for everyone. It's not in flloyd's benefit to fight any of these gusy, because people will always discredit his wins

All the guys mentioned are proven warriors, and if you think he gets dissed for fighting them, how about if he fights a 19 year old mexican kid that is way to green, just to cash in on mexican nationalism. If he is not going to fight anyone, retire then and see how much criticism he faces when people are saying he ducked a small Pac, an old Mosely, a shop worn Cotto, and a plasterless Margarito. He will face way more criticism if he doesn't fight any of them then if he does. If he loses I would still respect the guy for taking on the best. If he doesn't fight any of them, then what the hell did he come back for?

Back