Pac vs Marquez does 525,000 PPV buys!! WOW

Yeah thats crazy considering out of Barrera, Morales, and marquez... marquez is the lesser name. He might have been the greater fighter, but he has always been the lesser name.

Good deal though. He and Pac deserve it. Neither of them have ever let the fans down.

I don't like how de la hoya plays it off as if Marquez was the factor in bring in those numbers. Put Marquez in there with a top 10 contender and see how much PPVs he generate alone. Doubt he would bank 100k.

Marquez WAS a big factor in the ppv numbers and huge credit to him for it. It is no coincidence it was JMM that Pac was fighting to reach such large ppv numbers. Pac is obviously the bigger draw, but the majority of the time he is in a class of his own. Fans don

I read that domestic buys were 400k. A figure for worldwide buys is probably too soon. I am sure that 525k worlwide is feasible but too early to say. ( if 400k is the domestic buy then I expect the buy to surpass 525k.)

that is huge. a couple of weeks ago, they had it at 400, but 525(wow). i dont wanna start anything but mma will never be able to sell that many ppv's with anyone below 150.

that is huge. a couple of weeks ago, they had it at 400, but 525(wow). i dont wanna start anything but mma will never be able to sell that many ppv's with anyone below 150.

can't argue with the truth.

Marquez WAS a big factor in the ppv numbers and huge credit to him for it. It is no coincidence it was JMM that Pac was fighting to reach such large ppv numbers. Pac is obviously the bigger draw, but the majority of the time he is in a class of his own. Fans don

I think they benefited from the 4 year gap. I wish more fighters would wait before having a rematch.

I always thought Marquez won the first fight too.

I think they benefited from the 4 year gap. I wish more fighters would wait before having a rematch.

I don't know, I think it's in everyones interest to rematch fighters asap where necessary.

This is one of the few that surpassed expectations after a long break between the fights. Too many times you see rematches where fighters have become old or shot, and you don't get the best out of the fighters in the all important finally.

Those are some good numbers. It shows that boxing fans still care about good fights.....

I would argue for fighters to not necessarily wait as long as Pac/Marquez did for a rematch. Actually, I believe that the rematch didn't happen because of financial issues. Anyway, I like to see fighters rematch when both are still at the top of their game, which arguably, Pac and Marquez still are...

its tough to wait though...so much can happen in four years. Look at the roads they've both taken in the last four years and they're pretty different.

But...4 years of anticipation definately helps intrigue.

Back