Kelly Pavlik vs TBA
Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Ricardo Cordoba
Mike Jones vs Jesus Soto Karass
Robert Marroquin vs TBA
Richie Mepranum vs TBA
Jose Benavidez vs Winston Mathis
Joe Hanks vs TBA
Mike Lee vs Keith DeBow

might have to go back on my word and order it.

I really, really wish Pavlik's opponent was Pirog.

Given the short time, I think they will probably go with a guy like Sakio Bika at 168..

will be exciting though..
Here's his last fight

He's a dirty sumbitch, but I think both of their styles will make for an exciting fight.

Kelly Pavlik is fighting Daniel Edouard who will be trained by my first trainer and best friend.

Edouard has been pulled due to health reasons, they are probably going with Bryan Vera. Meh, its should be entertaining for a tune-up.

I do think that its a very solid undercard, and the best for a big money main event (regardless of your morals) since forever.

Golvokin keeps on mentioning that he will fight on the undercard...I'm not sure why to be honest since he would end up on the off-TV portion. But I really hope its true since I got my tickets and am flying in!! Some great prospects on the off-tv card too.

Did anyone go to the Pac-Clottey fight? What would you say is the best section to watch the fight?

I got the $300 tickets in the first raised area. I could have got floor seats in the back for the same price but I had similar seats for the Calzaghe-Kessler fight and it was hard to see the opposite side of the ring. Would slightly elevated seats still enable me to see the giant screen or am I too close? Thanks.

I'm interested to see how Mike Jones fights, even though he has headlined a few shows here and there, the undercard of a ppv this big will get him even more pub.

Edouard has been pulled due to health reasons, they are probably going with Bryan Vera. Meh, its should be entertaining for a tune-up.

I do think that its a very solid undercard, and the best for a big money main event (regardless of your morals) since forever.

Golvokin keeps on mentioning that he will fight on the undercard...I'm not sure why to be honest since he would end up on the off-TV portion. But I really hope its true since I got my tickets and am flying in!! Some great prospects on the off-tv card too.

Did anyone go to the Pac-Clottey fight? What would you say is the best section to watch the fight?

I got the $300 tickets in the first raised area. I could have got floor seats in the back for the same price but I had similar seats for the Calzaghe-Kessler fight and it was hard to see the opposite side of the ring. Would slightly elevated seats still enable me to see the giant screen or am I too close? Thanks.

I thought the call was for Pavlik to fight Lorenzo... the guy who just lost to Sturm.

I thought the call was for Pavlik to fight Lorenzo... the guy who just lost to Sturm.

From Dan Rafael's tweeter account:

#

@danrafaelespn Latest update on Kelly Pavlik: Bob Arum told me today he will face Brian Vera on 11/13 Pacquiao undercard. about 5 hours ago

From Dan Rafael's tweeter account:

That's... disappointing.

Lorenzo certainly isn't a world beater... he's stepped up in class 3 times (against Sturm, Sylvester and R. Marquez) and been beaten in all of them... although the Sylvester loss was controversial. But he's a good fighter and it's taken experienced veterans at the top of their game to beat him. He's not a bad boxer, hits hard and comes to fight.

Vera, outside of his upset win over Lee and a win over the solid Demers, has done nothing. He's 17-5 and where Lorenzo has been losing to champions and guys at their best, Vera's been losing to prospects in their "step up" bouts. Both are coming off loses... but Lorenzo's was to Sturm where as Vera's was to Bursak... who's pretty much the definition of an Eastern European prospect with a better looking record then skills.

Pavlik's entire run since he beat Taylor has been disappointing. So much was promised after the horror show that was JT's reign (boring fights with 154lbs fighters... controversial decisions in the bout with Wright and Spinks)... we had an exciting fighter in what was then one of boxings premier divisions. Instead we got Lockett, Rubio and Espino mixed in with a bout with Hopkins and the loss to Martinez. I understand the need to both get Pavlik's confidence back and give the fans an exciting fight... but Lorenzo should have done both while also being a challenge.

Lorenzo turned down the fight. Whoever Pavlik's opponent would be they will have to take small money, so we end up with Vera who is marginally better then Edouard, but less so then Lorenzo. Vera does come to fight thought, should be action packed while it lasts and it really depends how seriously Pavlik takes the fight.

Lorenzo turned down the fight. Whoever Pavlik's opponent would be they will have to take small money, so we end up with Vera who is marginally better then Edouard, but less so then Lorenzo. Vera does come to fight thought, should be action packed while it lasts and it really depends how seriously Pavlik takes the fight.

That's... just as disappointing. I can see why they'd be annoyed at small money and I can also see why the short turn around would cause problems, but really? Lorenzo won't be making big money against any fighters at this weight and he's not going to be top of anyone's list of "must see opponents" for any of the champions. I think he struggles to get another title shot in all honesty.

^ Typical mindset that plagues the sport.

Me or Lorenzo?

*Prepares to get all defensive :p *

Come on...lol

But seriously, the biggest problem in boxing is that fighters don't fight often enough. Lorenzo is a nobody, he is lucky if even a few hardcore fans know his name. Old ass R. Marquez schooled him.

Come on...lol

But seriously, the biggest problem in boxing is that fighters don't fight often enough. Lorenzo is a nobody, he is lucky if even a few hardcore fans know his name. Old ass R. Marquez schooled him.

*Wipes forehead*

You never do know on Sherdog.

I agree completely. Now, if Lorenzo was some hyped 21-0 prospect where big things were expected of his future but he simply wasn't ready for Pavlik I can see it being turned down. Hell... if he was 160lbs version of Saul Alvarez I can see why you'd turn it down... Pavlik's power could ruin a young prospect.

But Lorenzo isn't. He's 31 years old and fought for two world titles. Sturm isn't going to rematch him, Sylvester isn't going to rematch him, Martinez isn't going to fight him and I doubt Pirog faces him. Simply put he's not in title contention for any belts... especially coming off a loss. The only way he gets another shot is by going through the rankings and getting mandatory status... and a loss to Pavlik doesn't significantly delay that. It doesn't even particularly harm his career... he's already been found out against the best.

Unless the monetary offer was genuinely insulting I can't see why they didn't take it... by his own camps admission he'd have a few weeks off and then a 6-7 week training camp... which really isn't bad all things considered.

Back