Pac vs JMM should have been 10-7 in the third, not 10-8

They are not MMA gloves. They cover your thumbs and the top of your fingers. There is no way you can get a good grip on anything with a boxing glove on especially when you are hurt bad.

He was hurt again but stayed up. So no 10-7 round, just 10-8.

lol at the JMM nuthuggers grasping at straws

They are not MMA gloves. They cover your thumbs and the top of your fingers. There is no way you can get a good grip on anything with a boxing glove on especially when you are hurt bad.

He was hurt again but stayed up. So no 10-7 round, just 10-8.

You don't need a good grip on anything to stop yourself from going down unless you're completely uncoordinated. You just need to able to steady yourself on something to regain your balance. That's what Marquez did. You can see in one frame he is already leaning back on his heels and he wouldn't have been able to regain his balance without steadying himself with the ropes. I think the rules just say something like if the ropes prevent a fighter from going down, it's a knockdown. In this case, the ropes prevented Marquez from going down. I don't know where you came up with this getting a good grip requirement. Also, you don't need to be "hurt bad" to be knocked down, you just need to lose your balance. Marquez wasn't really hurt that bad, but he did lose his balance.

Marquez used the ropes to hold himself upright. It's a natural reaction when a fighter is off balance. Did he need the ropes to keep from falling? Debatable.

You don't need a good grip on anything to stop yourself from going down unless you're completely uncoordinated. You just need to able to steady yourself on something to regain your balance. That's what Marquez did. You can see in one frame he is already leaning back on his heels and he wouldn't have been able to regain his balance without steadying himself with the ropes. I think the rules just say something like if the ropes prevent a fighter from going down, it's a knockdown. In this case, the ropes prevented Marquez from going down. I don't know where you came up with this getting a good grip requirement. Also, you don't need to be "hurt bad" to be knocked down, you just need to lose your balance. Marquez wasn't really hurt that bad, but he did lose his balance.

Yeah i know the rules. I would take these Pacman fans alot more serious if they said the ropes kept his body up. They say he held himself up with his one hand that is just touching the rope. If you are claiming a KD at least say the ropes kept his body upright. Because if you look closely his right leg does get caught up in the rope as you can see the rope moving back when his right leg makes contact with it.

LOL at the Pacman fans who let their biased opinions get in the way of facts.

lol at JMM nuthuggers refusing to believe facts when there is a pic showing it.

JMM nuthuggers: "JMM was just schooling Pac on how to avoid getting floored".

Pacquiao is favorite fighter and I had him losing by 2 points. "Had him trouble" is great and all, but did Pacman ever really follow up with significant combinations after he landed one or two hard shots? I think not. He just waded in and was avoided with good footwork and counter-punching by the superior boxer.

Just because explosiveness and one-shot knockdowns are exciting, doesn't mean you discount a quadruple amount of weaker but clean shots.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on the scoring.

I had that fight 116-112 Marquez.:redface:

I don't see how people were giving Pacquiao all those rounds.

They are fucking blind, they think this is MMA and know nothing about boxing, JMM was the better fighter and boxer that night he gave Manny a boxing lesson all night long...

They think the brawler has to win and not the better boxer

I didn't like round 1 and round 6 I think...

They are fucking blind, they think this is MMA and know nothing about boxing, JMM was the better fighter and boxer that night he gave Manny a boxing lesson all night long...

They think the brawler has to win and not the better boxer

09903b5663f2cb8a00cbd0e97beddf5a-getty-box-usa-superfeather-phi-pacquiao-mex-marquez.jpg

I know Marquez hurt Pacquiao 2 or3 times during the fight, but please stop talking like it was a one-sided affair. It makes you look stupid.

I don't think Marquez really HURT pacquiao. More stunned than anything else. It's just that when pacquaio throws his shots he is off-balance. That factor makes Marquez's punches look harder than they really are.

09903b5663f2cb8a00cbd0e97beddf5a-getty-box-usa-superfeather-phi-pacquiao-mex-marquez.jpg

I know Marquez hurt Pacquiao 2 or3 times during the fight, but please stop talking like it was a one-sided affair. It makes you look stupid.

breakdancing, disco, and the running man all in one...what a great fight.

I don't think Marquez really HURT pacquiao. More stunned than anything else. It's just that when pacquaio throws his shots he is off-balance. That factor makes Marquez's punches look harder than they really are.

he hurt him in round 2 and to the body.

Back