PA AG Kane may face charges for leaking info to media

PolishHeadlock

Putin Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure how many of you are familiar with Kathleen Kane but she dominated in the election for AG in 2012 but has been a stumbling bumbling mess since she got into office. At this point I don't even think her own party wants anything to do with her.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...s_against_Attorney_General_Kathleen_Kane.html

Can I get any thoughts from our resident lawyers on this case?

The special prosecutor and grand jury investigating allegations that Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane leaked secret information to a newspaper have found evidence of wrongdoing and recommended that she be criminally charged, according to numerous people familiar with the decision.

The panel concluded that Kane violated grand-jury secrecy rules by leaking investigative material in a bid to embarrass political enemies, sources said

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...eneral_Kathleen_Kane.html#llC8I6cppWBHCVYw.99

Well looks like she's going down.

Not sure how she can do her job as the chief law enforcement official of PA while simultaneously defending against criminal charges.

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Kathleen Kane but she dominated in the election for AG in 2012 but has been a stumbling bumbling mess since she got into office. At this point I don't even think her own party wants anything to do with her.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...s_against_Attorney_General_Kathleen_Kane.html

Can I get any thoughts from our resident lawyers on this case?

It wasn't long ago when some were talking about Kane as a future Presidential or VP candidate. It has been just one misstep after another on issues where she let her partisanship get in the way of common sense aspects of the job and more importantly, the law. She has been rebuked by both parties to the point where AA Democrats have accused her of race baiting to settle personal scores.
For all intents and purposes it looks as if she tried to dodge this Grand Jury testimony. Her driver crashed into a parked car in a parking lot and Kane was concussed to the point that her doctor said she could still work but could not leave the house which conveniently restricted her from testifying at the first Grand Jury... Umm yeah, her credibility is completely shot and I am pretty sure the Democrats will toss in the towel on this one. Who would/will take her position? Does anyone know how that works? The Philly DA Seth Williams seems to be doing a pretty good job and is a Democrat. Would he even be eligible to make this move?

Politics plays way too big a part in law.

Who'd have thought it; an elected official that has played nothing but politics since she got elected is in trouble?

btw- she publicly said a former state employee who was raped while working in a prison was responsible for her rape - can you imagine what would happen if a male from the GOP said that?

edit: I guess it was in court filing, but thats public record

Back