PA AG Kane may face charges for leaking info to media

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by PolishHeadlock, Jan 9, 2015.

1. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Kathleen Kane but she dominated in the election for AG in 2012 but has been a stumbling bumbling mess since she got into office. At this point I don't even think her own party wants anything to do with her.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...s_against_Attorney_General_Kathleen_Kane.html

Can I get any thoughts from our resident lawyers on this case?

2. Denter

Denter Silver Belt

Well looks like she's going down.

Not sure how she can do her job as the chief law enforcement official of PA while simultaneously defending against criminal charges.

3. jeffbeesdat

jeffbeesdat Orange Belt

It wasn't long ago when some were talking about Kane as a future Presidential or VP candidate. It has been just one misstep after another on issues where she let her partisanship get in the way of common sense aspects of the job and more importantly, the law. She has been rebuked by both parties to the point where AA Democrats have accused her of race baiting to settle personal scores.
    For all intents and purposes it looks as if she tried to dodge this Grand Jury testimony. Her driver crashed into a parked car in a parking lot and Kane was concussed to the point that her doctor said she could still work but could not leave the house which conveniently restricted her from testifying at the first Grand Jury... Umm yeah, her credibility is completely shot and I am pretty sure the Democrats will toss in the towel on this one. Who would/will take her position? Does anyone know how that works? The Philly DA Seth Williams seems to be doing a pretty good job and is a Democrat. Would he even be eligible to make this move?

4. 2DUM2TAP

2DUM2TAP Silver Belt

On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    Politics plays way too big a part in law.

5. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

Who'd have thought it; an elected official that has played nothing but politics since she got elected is in trouble?

btw- she publicly said a former state employee who was raped while working in a prison was responsible for her rape - can you imagine what would happen if a male from the GOP said that?

edit: I guess it was in court filing, but thats public record