P4P Top 3 Retired Undefeated Champions ?

Floyd, Calzaghe and Andre Ward.

Wish Andre Ward would have stuck around a little while longer. a super fight with Canelo would have been fantastic.

Ward lost Kovalev 1 and it was damn near indisputable. Ward ended the saga with a great performance in fight 2 that Tony Weekes ruined (big surprise).

7.gif

I remember Bernstein saying he'd never seen a southpaw BOXER throw that short left counter uppercut

Ward lost Kovalev 1 and it was damn near indisputable.
it’s actually completely and utterly disputable. disputing it would be the ONLY correct answer because factually, ward literally won that fight.

i really hate this dumb point you guys always make.

“(fighter a) clearly lost to (fighter B that fighter A officially won a close decision against) and it’s not even close” is a sentiment for troglodytes. be better than that.

it’s actually completely and utterly disputable. disputing it would be the ONLY correct answer because factually, ward literally won that fight.

If i ever get the time we can do a live score on it

He probably should've lost that fight. I watched it a bar and everyone thought he lost until they announced he won and started cheering.

He probably should've lost that fight. I watched it a bar and everyone thought he lost until they announced he won and started cheering.
i scored it closely for kovalev as well but that really doesn’t matter. every fight occurs at the behest of 3 presumably equal judges. that situation is always the same, barring egregious since-fired morons. convincing those judges you won X amount of rounds is a valuable trait. one could argue this is precisely what makes a great fighter.

Ward lost Kovalev 1 and it was damn near indisputable. Ward ended the saga with a great performance in fight 2 that Tony Weekes ruined (big surprise).
Ward might have won every round after the 3rd, and he surely won the fight in my eyes. That one kd sure swayed "fans". Meanwhile plenty of sane People were smuggly predicting Kov would get stopped in 2nd fight because how conclusively they felt Ward was in control following KD. And they were right.

Ward might have won every round after the 3rd, and he surely won the fight in my eyes. That one kd sure swayed "fans". Meanwhile plenty of sane People were smuggly predicting Kov would get stopped in 2nd fight because how conclusively they felt Ward was in control following KD. And they were right.

Most people didnt see it that way but to each their own

I remember Bernstein saying he'd never seen a southpaw BOXER throw that short left counter uppercut

Odd thing for him to say, Judah had a beautiful one.

Odd thing for him to say, Judah had a beautiful one.

Judah had a REAL KD against Floyd but I think he was the only one.

Both Mosley and Maidana 2 were close to stopping Floyd though. Maybe stopping is a bit much but at least a KD. Nonetheless hats off to Floyd for chin and recuperation ability

Back