Owning a pizza business?

ninja-turtle-pizza.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ntio2c41vY1t55xupo1_400.gif

Locker-room-ninja-turtle-pickles.gif

Do bakers make pizza? I thought you cook pizza.

If you don't do delivery, you're not gonna succeed. Most of your potential customers don't want to interact with other humans, they'll pick the place on their app with reasonable delivery times and decent food over good food that they need to walk to get.

Its a good business for money laundering.

I am a baker and I am considering buying a pizza place that sells pizza by slices.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with running a pizza shop?

My parents owned one back in the late 80s

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I have some questions related to the TS topic.

I was asked if I wanted to invest in a small pizza shop. It's gonna be designed mostly for "to-go" orders. The location is going to be sandwiched by a bar that doesn't make food and an arcade room. Not in a downtown area and not quite near a suburban neighborhood. It's along the side of a Main Street.

I guess my questions are what is generally the success rate of pizza parlors? I know the failure rate of restaurants is 8 out of 10. Are "to-go" pizza shops part of the statistic? How creative should we get with our ingredients/menu? Obviously, quality of ingredients is paramount but how much is too much where it's not profitable to use high end ingredients and equipment? and same question as the TS, what are some of the unforseen problems we might encounter?
What kind of bar is next door? You said not downtown and not suburban what kind of area? Big market? Bar is good for the drunks!

A wiseman once told me that pizza is like pussy, some is better than others but it's all pretty good. I think you'll do fine TS. Best of luck.

What kind of oven? Sorry if I missed it.

Definitely oven since I don't have experience with the firewood. For decoration, I am thinking brick walls and checkered flooring like this:

0053983d54a5f1da5828bce25c659e2e.jpg

Good advice from Pwet and Thetruth.

Buying and costs are just as much part of the game, if you can buy stock for every few days its the best option to cut losses. People tend to manage poorly stock and things just fly off the shelf. Buying anything for over a week is stupid and even if you think you are paying a great price.

Thetruth has its right with quality x price, considering you have never owned a restaurant or Pizza I say offer the best you can for a small price. Something like a pizza an all you can eat buffet for a fixed priced might be interesting for drunk people and kids playing arcade.

But I would never open a Pizza place in a street without pedestrian traffic but you have to know if the rent is worth. Getting the right place is also about paying the right rent for it.

I would make an excel chart with costs, study how much you would charge to find the cost of your product and them try to find out how much you would have to sell to break even.

also something that I don´t know if americans do, I have 3 different prices in my business, lower prices for people that work in the building, regular price and dinner I cut the prices down considering the type of food I offer are not the go to food for late nights. Its very important to have clients through out the day and not just the premium hours or days.

Do bakers make pizza? I thought you cook pizza.

No I am a baker who enjoys making pizza and what I have noticed is, all the pizza places that I go to have low quality weak ass dough. I would like to make a pizza with high quality crust, homemade sauces and quality cheese.

I would like to attract a crowd that appreciates pizza and not just bunch of people looking for something cheap.

My parents owned one back in the late 80s

What happened? How did the business do? Why did they sell it?

why not do something that is trendy these days and go with vegan pizza.

I noticed that all the vegetarian/vegan places are always busy with loads of nice looking bitches

im knowledgable about businesses ive run, the pizza place, my food truck and now my current business

i avoid talking about my current business because its hard to discuss without giving away what it is
Well, what is it??

This is basically the number 1 tip for prospective restaurant owner. Go in there with a mentality of Tonya Evinger fighting Jon Jones. The odds will be stacked against you, but if Jones accidentally eyepoked himself & you get the upset victory, it's smooth sailing. You just have to maintain quality.

It's true. If I want pizza it usually breaks down to: 1) I'm hammered and buying for a ton of peeps-price, 2) I want an amazing tasting pie, made with care, I'll pay whatever-quality.

Gotta be one or the another, and stick to it, AND do it well.

why not do something that is trendy these days and go with vegan pizza.

I noticed that all the vegetarian/vegan places are always busy with loads of nice looking bitches

I myself pretty much eat a vegetarian diet but the problem is, I have tried vegan pepperoni and other vegan/vegetarian substitute and the after taste is AWFUL!

Anyway, big change of plan, I am considering moving to America or at least working towards it. I might open up a pizza shop down in the states or something but I checked and the rent here is killing me and seeing the latest news in my hometown, I guess I am not really a citizen...

I am a baker and I am considering buying a pizza place that sells pizza by slices.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with running a pizza shop?
I have a client that owns a pizza shop, there is nothing special about his "Italian" food, but he seems to do well with the income that he reports. I am in the wrong business.

I have a client that owns a pizza shop, there is nothing special about his "Italian" food, but he seems to do well with the income that he reports. I am in the wrong business.

What state/province are you guys in?

Is it a slice business or pizza restaurant?

im knowledgable about businesses ive run, the pizza place, my food truck and now my current business

i avoid talking about my current business because its hard to discuss without giving away what it is

Same here. If I gave just a few clues about my business, it would be easy to figure out who I am. I like to be anonymous here.

One of my favorite food. Btw good luck to you

Back