Ovince Saint Preux's cardio is horrible

DaRealMVP

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think he could have easily won that fight if he had the cardio. What do you think?

Glover had superior wrestling/grappling too but OSP's cardio is an issue too. I thought he was gassing vs Cummins before he caught him.

I'm sure defending from the bottom with a guy like Glover on top of you will zap the energy from you, but I agree. His cardio looked like crap by the start of round two.

It's not take down defense and it's not cardio. It is simply fight IQ. He was put in bad positions because of terrible tactical decisions.

Maybe but I think if his cardio was better his technique would not be so sloppy. He looked sharp in the first rd then it went down hill from there.

He has shown poor cardio in past fights. I agree he looked tired, and usually does by the end of round 2.

You do realize it's exhausting having someone like Glover sitting on top of you, round after round?

OSP's cardio may not be anything special, but saying his cardio is horrible because he had a massive, high level BB continually taking him down and mounting him, is ridiculous.

Zero TDD, zero cardio and a good opponent. OSP had no chance. Teixeira is just better.
OSP did what a former football player can do. He is not a real martial artist. His athleticism and size helped him but on the highest level is not enough. By the way respect for him, no tapout.

OSP is too athletic and too explosive to have good cardio. All that muscle burns up oxygen.

Glover gassed him with the grappling, but regardless cardio is not a strength of OSP

Glover had superior wrestling/grappling too but OSP's cardio is an issue too. I thought he was gassing vs Cummins before he caught him.

I thought the same thing

OSP doesn't have bad cardio, just lacks fight IQ and technique. After his success with the liver kick he kept going to it without setting it up and Glover caught it an got easy take downs off of it. OSP used his impressive athleticism to explode out of those positions from the bottom an get back up taking a lot out of him. Glover with his superior technique was able to take advantage of OSP's carelessness an grind him down to the finish. If OSP can't finish intelligent fighters like Glover and Cormier in the opening round he has little chance of winning. Put him there with the loser or winner of Rumble VS Manua for interesting battle on the feet. Other than that he needs a trainer like Greg Jackson to game plan for him against strong grapplers.

Maybe but I think if his cardio was better his technique would not be so sloppy. He looked sharp in the first rd then it went down hill from there.

Honestly, if he wasn't so hell bent on throwing body kicks he wouldn't have had his cardio sapped nearly as much.

Speaking strictly about this fight, 100% of the credit goes to Glover. He was relentless, made OSP carry his weight every chance he got.

You can say that OSP's wrestling was disappointing, which is what allowed Glover to do this. Great cardio is not going to save you when you get dominated like that.

Back