overtrained?

moochpb

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I have my first fight in two weeks and since monday afternoon I ve been feeling terrible...Mon wed and friday I grapple or do cardio in morning, afternoon weightlift and at night grapple and do mma....Tues I ll day a day off or go to mma class at night...Thursday I do cardio in morning and grappling at night...But now I have major insomnia my legs are constantly sore, headache, some lightheadness, and just have no energy...Also I m really fatigued...Are these signs of overtrained? Thanks any advice would help....

Sounds like it, eat, replenish your fluids and get some rest. Take a couple of days off till you feel like your ready to go..
Overtraining can also lead to burn out...which is no good. All that training doesnt help if your burnt out and you dont want to go anymore.

I do feel so burned out...Im stressing because my first fight is in two weeks....I m goin to take a good 3-5 days off of everything...thanks

My insomnia happened the day I started feeling like total crap....takin 3 to 5 days will that help my cardio, cause before i started feelin terrible my cardio was great, now its terrible...So do you think takin time off and feeling better will make my cardio even better?

3-5 days rest would probably help tremendously.

thanks for the help sherdoggers thats why I posted..Cause I never experieced this before...thanks

I have my first fight in two weeks and since monday afternoon I ve been feeling terrible...Mon wed and friday I grapple or do cardio in morning, afternoon weightlift and at night grapple and do mma....Tues I ll day a day off or go to mma class at night...Thursday I do cardio in morning and grappling at night...But now I have major insomnia my legs are constantly sore, headache, some lightheadness, and just have no energy...Also I m really fatigued...Are these signs of overtrained? Thanks any advice would help....

wow man, cut some training out or your gonna burn out... take a day or two off and just eat as good as you can and rest as much as possible, maybe cut out the workouts in the morning, and just have a run and sleep some more. the three days were your grappling, weightlifting, and grapple or do mma at night is rediculous, more harm than good imo... try sleeping longer, striking in the afternoon, then grappling/mma at night...

Ya i figured I was being stupid but I felt good but I guess I was doing more harm then good

Back