• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overeem to Bellator with another KO loss?

It could happen

He should be next in the Joe Rogan hotseat imo. Brendan Schaub has his soul removed, lets see if Overeem will cry.

Overeem has close to 10 ko/tko loses in mma alone, not to mention k-1 and sparring sessions. I hope he doesn't have severe brain damage at this point, he brain has been rattled many many times.

Shouldn't worry about that, he beats up undersized and undertrained guys as training.lol I think he goes to One if he gets cut. We might see the return of UBEREEM!
overeemx-large.jpg

Shouldn't worry about that, he beats up undersized and undertrained guys as training.lol I think he goes to One if he gets cut. We might see the return of UBEREEM!
overeemx-large.jpg

This is potentially true. Gotta love them non-testing promotions!

I honestly don't think Coker would take Overeem if he loses. He will want too much money no matter how his record is.

Overeem is very exciting, it would be like letting Liddell finish his career outside the UFC. I can't see it happening.

If he were to leave the UFC, I'd want to see him fight Saki in a kickboxing rematch. I'd be more interested in some kickboxing matchups for Overeem than seeing him fight relatively unknown up-and-comers outside the UFC.

My question is, what if he ends up in a wheelchair?

Overeem is very exciting, it would be like letting Liddell finish his career outside the UFC. I can't see it happening.

If he were to leave the UFC, I'd want to see him fight Saki in a kickboxing rematch. I'd be more interested in some kickboxing matchups for Overeem than seeing him fight relatively unknown up-and-comers outside the UFC.

I don't know if Liddell is the best analogy. Legendary UFC champ, longtime UFC fighter, all his best days in the UFC...

Best analogy for Overeem would be someone like Wanderlei or Cro Cop or Takanori Gomi...

The UFC is really not attached to the Reem like they were to Liddell.

I don't know if Liddell is the best analogy. Legendary UFC champ, longtime UFC fighter, all his best days in the UFC...

Best analogy for Overeem would be someone like Wanderlei or Cro Cop or Takanori Gomi...

The UFC is really not attached to the Reem like they were to Liddell.

That's true, Cro Cop and Wand are also good examples. They prefer to win by KO and like to keep the fight standing. They also have serious power. The UFC should keep guys like that around, and Overeem is definitely worthy of being in the UFC.

There wouldn't be a reason to cut Overeem tbh, he's a good draw and puts on exciting fights whether he gets KO'd or not. If anything, he should consider retiring with another KO loss.

Mir's fight was acceptable but not exciting. In fact Dana bashed Overeem for that. Lesnar fight was exciting but not the Werdum fight.

He's still making the UFC big money. Cutting him would be a terrible business decision.

Source?

Not trying to be an asshole, I'm just wondering if he's really any significant draw....

He still has 'casual friendly body', I guess, but I can't imagine that it's enough.

if he wins like he should, he'll be a respectable 0.500 at 3-3. That record can be hyped up as having 2 wins over former UFC HW champions. Bam--HW title fight for main event in 2015.

Source?

Not trying to be an asshole, I'm just wondering if he's really any significant draw....

He still has 'casual friendly body', I guess, but I can't imagine that it's enough.

they just hired a professional wrestler with less fighting experience than me. He's probably a good draw because of his win over Brock (and we all know people watch Brock fights) and he's an international face (Europe and Asia).

Either that or back to kickboxing.

they just hired a professional wrestler with less fighting experience than me.

I figured there would be some rustled Sherdogger jimmies with this signing, because I know for a fact there are plenty of legit dangerous mofos who post on Sherdog, with way more credentials than CM Punk. And for the record, I think this CM Punk signing is pretty much the UFC admitting they failed in not signing Kimbo Slice, and this time they want those dollars that they now believe outweigh the loss in credibility of being the org. with nothing but the world's premier fighters.

Overeem to Bellator with another KO loss?
Or is he an uncuttable fighter?
This thread was started a month after Reem lost via KO to Rothwell.

It's interesting to note how hyped up were fans (and UFC) for Overeem. When he underdelivered in such a major way people were almost angry at him. Such a disapointment. And he was in a way even when he went on a winstreak. The Demolition Man was nowhere to be found. He turned himself into Econoreem and just wasn't that monster that we hoped he'll be.
20100517120048_IMG_0328_JPG.jpg

uncuttable, when he gets ko'd its always spectacular.

Back