Overeem (Rampage) > JDS (Chuck Lidell) > Cain (Tito Ortiz)

TheGreenMachine

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I can't help but think that this is the way things will go down. Rampage, Chuck, and Tito Ortiz are almost like the mirror images of Overeem, JDS, and Cain stylistically and also strength wise. We all know Rampage is the strongest out of the bunch as is Overeem, Tito (Cain) has the best wrestling, and Chuck (JDS) is the current champion of the bunch who really had the better record then the real champion (Tito) all along, but never got the respect he deserved until he got his title shot. Overeem/Rampage has the most counterstriker like style of the bunch by covering up and throwing a bunch of hooks after his opponent comes in. This is the best style to beat a JDS/Chuck like fighter because he won't beat him with speed, but he with precision and timing. JDS is faster then Overeem, but if Overeem picks his shots like Rampage did, he just has to wait for the right opening to strike. Overeem is willing to take the fight to the ground too which is another advantage Overeem has over Rampage in this comparison.

With JDS, he is basically Chuck 2.0 with his TDD and aggressive and varied striking style. The only difference is that JDS likely has the best chin of the bunch when in the past, Rampage (now Overeem) had the best chin of the bunch.

Then there's Cain (Tito). He's the wrestler/GNPer with some solid standup, but who uses it to mostly get the fight to the ground. Stylistically, JDS/Chuck are nightmare matchups for his type of fighter because everything hindges upon taking him down. As we all know, if Cain can't get JDS down, he is screwed. The different with this fight compared to Chuck/Tito is that even if Cain gets JDS down, the groundgame is still a big question mark. He could either just stand back up like Chuck or go into BJJ mode and possibly submit him.

Anyone else find the similarities pretty much the same?

Rampage could take the shots Chuck threw at him.

Overeem won't be able to take the shots Junior throws at him.

so forest griffin > overeem, jds and cain

UmpOi.gif

How do even begin to compare Overeem to Rampage? I know they're both black, but you're going to have to try harder than that ts.

I see JDS being closer to Rampage than Chuck, since JDS and Rampage are both primarily boxers.

So then it's JDS (Rampage) > Overeem (Chuck) > Cain (Tito)

Though comparing Cain to Tito is an insult to Cain.

Overeem lost to Chuck. Rampage beat chuck. This thread fails.

No one really knows yet. JDS might fight cautious against Overeem for all we know. We haven't really seen Overeem dropped in MMA since he went to HW either. I'm not saying his chin is as good as Rampage's, but he may have the a good enough one to survive JDS's punches long enough to give him one in return.

i disagree with Rampage being physically stronger then Tito, Rampage has even said Tito treated him like a rag doll in training

Tito is the most physically strongest LHW of all time

and according to Bones, Tito is also the LHW GOAT

i see somwhat similarities to wat ur sayin, but i think Cain beats JDS this time around willeven throw 50-100 down on it

There is similarities, but come on, it will be that way because of the styles of fighting that works inside the cage. There will probably be another Machida in the future to.

I see JDS being closer to Rampage than Chuck, since JDS and Rampage are both primarily boxers.

So then it's JDS (Rampage) > Overeem (Chuck) > Cain (Tito)

Though comparing Cain to Tito is an insult to Cain.

comparing cain to a hall of famer with 5 title defenses is an insult? sure his career ended poorly but come on brah, dont believe the dana white trash wagon, people use to fear the huntington beach bad boy

How do even begin to compare Overeem to Rampage? I know they're both black, but you're going to have to try harder than that ts.

Look at their fighting style. Both are counter strikers who use high blocks and utilitize a lot of hooks. Overeem is pretty much the Muay Thai version of Rampage in that respect and with more diversity.

Where did you get that crystal ball?

Cain will be lucky have a shadow of the career Tito had.

i disagree with Rampage being physically stronger then Tito, Rampage has even said Tito treated him like a rag doll in training

I have no doubt that Tito is the stronger one "technique" wise, but in terms of raw strength, I would say Rampage. Considering Rampage can pick up and slam dude's violentyly with nowhere near the wrestling credentials of Tito says something.

Same with Overeem and Cain. Overeem is the stronger one physically, but Cain has the better wrestling technique.

comparing cain to a hall of famer with 5 title defenses is an insult? sure his career ended poorly but come on brah, dont believe the dana white trash wagon, people use to fear the huntington beach bad boy

Yes, back in the days when all of the good 205ers were in Pride, Tito was king. And then along came the Iceman, and Tito has been garbage ever since. Seriously, Tito was never that good. He had a niche that most guys weren't used to, and for some unknown reason they didn't seem to bother training for. But back in those days, having any kind of high-end Martial Arts pedigree could get you into the UFC. Now, even with several blackbelts it's pretty hard to make it to (and stay in) the big show.

Tito has always been over-rated. Always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back