Overeem has been KO'd or TKO'd 13 times in MMA

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Snowfist, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Snowfist

Snowfist Purple Belt

Check out the fight finder. I always enjoyed watching the REEM fight but he has been TKO'd or KO'd 13 times in MMA.

He has been KO'd 3 times in Kickboxing.

These are the KO's we know about not including flash KO's in fights or KO's in sparring or times he has been rocked.

I know he can still speak well (by some miracle), but I had a few questions.

1. What happens if this guy dies in the cage? Would the UFC or athletic commissions not be considered negligent?

2. Why does the Reem keep getting in there? Money? Deathwish? feels he is too far in to change? addicted to the rush?

3. Should fighters with this sort of history be prevented from competing?

4. If yes, how and when will it happen?

Thanks

2. GiSP

GiSP Black Belt

14 incoming...

[​IMG]

Martialbeef and Ares Black like this.
  3. RiseAboveHat

RiseAboveHat Green Belt

Yes, he's been KO'd a bunch, but he usually comes back after and has decent/good showings. Once he starts getting KO'd by light straights in the 1st over and over, then I would be concerned. But for now, it still takes a good shot to drop the Reem, so his head can't be that compromised

Axe720 and JabToucher like this.
  4. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

He has been slept alot,but he doesnt look shot when he is fighting,like he shouldnt be out there anymore. The reem seems to take care of himself fairly well,and has good technique.Still capable of having a decent fight,whereas a guy like Arlovski probably stop.He has 7 losses in his last 10. Finished in 4 of the 7.

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  5. drbolony

drbolony -El Styles-

He's making $850,000 to show garunteed. Also he's not showing any of the signs, so why should we worry? Reem seems like a bright enough guy, I'm sure he'll know when to get out. Guy keeps making runs at the title, don't see why he'd stop now. Reem is always two or three top wins from a TS.

6. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Silver Belt

why he keeps fighting: because hes one of the highest paid fighters ever in the UFC and I guess hes not worried about CTE. also really wants a UFC belt for the collection.

I hope he donates his brain when he dies. It makes absolutely no sense how he still has his wits about him and seems sharp.

Snowfist and drbolony like this.
  7. GiSP

GiSP Black Belt

Not after Alexey puts him to sleep. And ships his ass to the fringe top ten.

drbolony likes this.
  8. Irishhandbomb

Irishhandbomb Purple Belt

Besides his decisions over Mir and Werdum, this guy has been a just bleed dude in like every fight. He doesn't get enough recognition.

ArlovskiFang and Barteh like this.
  9. Aisorik

Aisorik Purple Belt

He'll be doing bare knuckle soon enough

Silent Liker and Odysseus like this.
  10. CptJacuzzi

CptJacuzzi Blueberry Swisher 3rd Degree

What is the scientific reasoning that someone would just die on the spot in the cage from a striking knock out? I get the concussion could kill you hours later but how the hell do you die from a head kick or a punch instantly ? The impact is so hard that brain vessels burst? So hard that it breaks a fighters neck? Doesn’t sound possible to me

11. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

No he wont. He is still having decent fights and making good money.

Paolo Delutis likes this.
  12. drbolony

drbolony -El Styles-

I mean it could happen, but the way in is a little tricky, and Overeem is a competent grappler himself. Fun fight.

13. Paolo Delutis

Paolo Delutis Black Belt

Its heavyweight though...

Literally any shot from any opponent regardless of skill difference ( talking to you travis" crooked nose" browne) can k.o you ..

HW is a savage beast.. And a unique one..overeem has koed more people then hes been koed and is an experienced striker with a solid kickboxing background

Till a hw fighter is losing consistently on a streak of bad finishes..i dont think commisons or promotions should interfere..

Even then no1 is forcing these guys to fight..why should they be forced to stop?

14. ABSthetics

ABSthetics Shitposter Belt Yellow Card

Despite that he's still holding up extremely well. He could've opted to finish his contract and go to One or Rizin and be a champ but he still has the skills and desire to be the UFC HW Champ. He's always been 1 or 2 fights away from a title shot, and he's making bank. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

One of the greatest Heavyweights of all time and arguably the most accomplished. When he starts getting slept like Fedor from literally anything that touches his skull, we should start worrying. Its crazy to say but Reem probably still has another decade in him from the way he looks now.

15. Moro

Moro Blue Belt

Reem always delivers sacrifices to the JBG whether it be himself or his opponents, it's either KTFO his opponents or get KTFO.

16. Workaholic

Workaholic Silver Belt

I love Alexey's weird ass but unless Reem is completely shot (and I don't think he is) he wins that fight with ease

GiSP likes this.
  17. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

Considering he has had 76 pro fights, 13 KOs isn't all that bad. It's only a bad number because of how inactive guys are in the modern era.

18. GiSP

GiSP Black Belt

[​IMG]

Alexey is better, anyway. Tune in and enjoy the show.

Bocgam likes this.
  19. LoneLynx

LoneLynx Green Belt

Agreed. Only he knows if it’s worth it, but at this point of his career he’s making great money, he’s still competitive and he seems healthy, he may just decide that the ability to leave a legacy and secure his family’s financial future is worth the risk. That’s his choice and you gotta respect it.

drbolony likes this.
  20. The HAMA

The HAMA White Belt

IMG_3429.JPG

Those KO's really took it outta him. Poor bloke. Looks totally different these days.