Overeem has been KO'd or TKO'd 13 times in MMA

Snowfist

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Check out the fight finder. I always enjoyed watching the REEM fight but he has been TKO'd or KO'd 13 times in MMA.

He has been KO'd 3 times in Kickboxing.

These are the KO's we know about not including flash KO's in fights or KO's in sparring or times he has been rocked.

I know he can still speak well (by some miracle), but I had a few questions.

1. What happens if this guy dies in the cage? Would the UFC or athletic commissions not be considered negligent?

2. Why does the Reem keep getting in there? Money? Deathwish? feels he is too far in to change? addicted to the rush?

3. Should fighters with this sort of history be prevented from competing?

4. If yes, how and when will it happen?

Thanks

14 incoming...

VigorousInbornBuzzard-small.gif

Yes, he's been KO'd a bunch, but he usually comes back after and has decent/good showings. Once he starts getting KO'd by light straights in the 1st over and over, then I would be concerned. But for now, it still takes a good shot to drop the Reem, so his head can't be that compromised

He has been slept alot,but he doesnt look shot when he is fighting,like he shouldnt be out there anymore. The reem seems to take care of himself fairly well,and has good technique.Still capable of having a decent fight,whereas a guy like Arlovski probably stop.He has 7 losses in his last 10. Finished in 4 of the 7.

He's making $850,000 to show garunteed. Also he's not showing any of the signs, so why should we worry? Reem seems like a bright enough guy, I'm sure he'll know when to get out. Guy keeps making runs at the title, don't see why he'd stop now. Reem is always two or three top wins from a TS.

why he keeps fighting: because hes one of the highest paid fighters ever in the UFC and I guess hes not worried about CTE. also really wants a UFC belt for the collection.

I hope he donates his brain when he dies. It makes absolutely no sense how he still has his wits about him and seems sharp.

Reem is always two or three top wins from a TS.

Not after Alexey puts him to sleep. And ships his ass to the fringe top ten.

Besides his decisions over Mir and Werdum, this guy has been a just bleed dude in like every fight. He doesn't get enough recognition.

What is the scientific reasoning that someone would just die on the spot in the cage from a striking knock out? I get the concussion could kill you hours later but how the hell do you die from a head kick or a punch instantly ? The impact is so hard that brain vessels burst? So hard that it breaks a fighters neck? Doesn’t sound possible to me

I mean it could happen, but the way in is a little tricky, and Overeem is a competent grappler himself. Fun fight.

Check out the fight finder. I always enjoyed watching the REEM fight but he has been TKO'd or KO'd 13 times in MMA.

He has been KO'd 3 times in Kickboxing.

These are the KO's we know about not including flash KO's in fights or KO's in sparring or times he has been rocked.

I know he can still speak well (by some miracle), but I had a few questions.

1. What happens if this guy dies in the cage? Would the UFC or athletic commissions not be considered negligent?

2. Why does the Reem keep getting in there? Money? Deathwish? feels he is too far in to change? addicted to the rush?

3. Should fighters with this sort of history be prevented from competing?

4. If yes, how and when will it happen?

Thanks

Its heavyweight though...

Literally any shot from any opponent regardless of skill difference ( talking to you travis" crooked nose" browne) can k.o you ..

HW is a savage beast.. And a unique one..overeem has koed more people then hes been koed and is an experienced striker with a solid kickboxing background

Till a hw fighter is losing consistently on a streak of bad finishes..i dont think commisons or promotions should interfere..

Even then no1 is forcing these guys to fight..why should they be forced to stop?

Despite that he's still holding up extremely well. He could've opted to finish his contract and go to One or Rizin and be a champ but he still has the skills and desire to be the UFC HW Champ. He's always been 1 or 2 fights away from a title shot, and he's making bank. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

One of the greatest Heavyweights of all time and arguably the most accomplished. When he starts getting slept like Fedor from literally anything that touches his skull, we should start worrying. Its crazy to say but Reem probably still has another decade in him from the way he looks now.

Reem always delivers sacrifices to the JBG whether it be himself or his opponents, it's either KTFO his opponents or get KTFO.

I love Alexey's weird ass but unless Reem is completely shot (and I don't think he is) he wins that fight with ease

Considering he has had 76 pro fights, 13 KOs isn't all that bad. It's only a bad number because of how inactive guys are in the modern era.

I love Alexey's weird ass but unless Reem is completely shot (and I don't think he is) he wins that fight with ease

giphy.gif

Alexey is better, anyway. Tune in and enjoy the show.

He's making $850,000 to show garunteed. Also he's not showing any of the signs, so why should we worry? Reem seems like a bright enough guy, I'm sure he'll know when to get out. Guy keeps making runs at the title, don't see why he'd stop now. Reem is always two or three top wins from a TS.

Agreed. Only he knows if it’s worth it, but at this point of his career he’s making great money, he’s still competitive and he seems healthy, he may just decide that the ability to leave a legacy and secure his family’s financial future is worth the risk. That’s his choice and you gotta respect it.

IMG_3429.JPG

Those KO's really took it outta him. Poor bloke. Looks totally different these days.

Back