overcoming procrastination: let's share some tips

that's nice and all, but the fallacy of a lot of people with natural talent or mental abilities is that they assume everybody else can do what they do just as easily. the truth is that they can't. it can be due to situational things, and it can be due to just straight up ability, but the truth is that we aren't all equal. otherwise, we'd all be writing rich dad poor dad books and circle jerking each other.

that's nice and all, but the fallacy of a lot of people with natural talent or mental abilities is that they assume everybody else can do what they do just as easily. the truth is that they can't. it can be due to situational things, and it can be due to just straight up ability, but the truth is that we aren't all equal. otherwise, we'd all be writing rich dad poor dad books and circle jerking each other.

Good points.

I'm a software developer, and sometimes I think it just comes easier for some people. Some things just don't click sometimes, but I think it comes naturally for others. (Of course, a lot of it is just hard.) And of course, drive has a lot to do with it, too. Some days I just feel lazy and unmotivated.

I hear the faint sound of Shia Lebeouf's voice coming from the internets

tumblr_m5sv93xotf1qc3e8j.gif

cocaine or adderol but sometimes not cocaine or adderol...

This douche did it in a period when there was no Internet.

My college years were some of the most fun ever... why would you want to graduate early?? I hung around for 5 years! :)

Procrastination is like alcoholism. You don't cure yourself, you learn to live with it.

On a serious note, what's helped me manage my tendency to procrastinate is to set regular (even daily) schedules for anything I want to get done. The initial week is the toughest, but after that, it starts to feel weird if I go a day without doing it.

I think Im starting to figure it out, at least a little... I'll figure the rest out some other time.

step one: don't go on sherdog or forums. Most of them are a waste of time.

step two: profit

I don't overcome procrastination. I've found that it has helped me a lot. Having waited until the last minute to write all my papers in school, I have become quite adept at cranking out a lot of work in a short period of time, which has helped me greatly in my career, where I'm not always given a realistic amount of time to complete projects.

Also, procrastination can pay off. I am missing a couple of teeth and have been since I was about 9. The dentists kept telling me I need a bridge ASAP. I put it off and put it off. Well, now they make dental implants, which are much more aesthetically pleasing and better functionally than bridges. If I hadn't waited, I'd have a nasty ass bridge in my mouth instead of nothing because I still haven't gotten the dental implant. But that's not the point.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

JUST DO IT

Last edited:
I don't beat procrastination I embrace it. Nothing like leaving everything until the last minute and still getting shit done properly.

dude can't be taken seriously, his goal in martial arts was to become a tae kwon do black belt

he might be spewing stuff about being efficient, but he's totally ignoring effectiveness

I'm gonna read this shit right meow.

Back