Outslayer Thai Bag Filling

JustinMT

White Belt
Reaction score
So I have finished filling my outslayer muay thai bag when i realized that the bottom of the bag has creases in it from not packing tight enough maybe?

My question is, will the bag form nicely after a good round of kicks and stirkes to the bag, allowing me to keep adding fabric as needed or do i need to start over again?

it was a pain filling the outslayer as the zipper is only horizontal and gives you hardly any space to work with...

i just want to have a nice, tight, and good looking bag that will last long and condition my shins as well as elbows/knees...

I was going to go with Outslayer but I went with KO Fight Gear instead because I was worried about this myself. What did you fill it with?

i used regular fabric cut up in small 5x5 pieces which was very time consuming

The creases have weakened the bag, much like folding paper before you tear it. As for looks, no bags looks good after a long period of serious use.

i used regular fabric cut up in small 5x5 pieces which was very time consuming

Unless you have a hydraulic press, you will need to fill the bag at least 3 times before it is solid. I recently helped "top off" the bags at my gym last week and they already need to be "top off" again.

the bag is brand new and im not worried about the bag being torn or anything

I was mainly curious as to if using the bag will sttle the fabric down and fill the empty spots and tense up the bag more

the bag is brand new and im not worried about the bag being torn or anything

I was mainly curious as to if using the bag will sttle the fabric down and fill the empty spots and tense up the bag more

Yes.

1) Fill the bag using your feet and a sledge hammer (like you are filling a cannon).
2) strike it
3) repeat.

i have also lined the bag with carpet underlayer which was also a pain to keep still in the bag but managed a bit somehow...

some of the carpet layer has creased down and does not let the fabric sink all the way...will this cure with some training?

just had a training session with the outslayer and the bottom is still creased showing a gap in it while the rest of the bag has hardly even worked its way down...we at the gym have been doing some intense training too...

suggestions?

It'll take a long while for the filling to settle. Just keep using it.

I have been kicking and punching for quite a while now...still; the bottom is getting harder; but the middle is empty and the top is "fluffy"

will this resolve with more kicks?

If the bottom is getting harder and the middle and top are soft, that means that you can probably pack your bag more.

Back