• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Out of these hypothetical dream fights - Which 5 would you have loved to seen? (In their primes)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In their primes of course.

lol I know there is a lot Fedor on this poll, because imo he's the most captivating fighter ever.

Here's my 5 fights I'd choose.

4b4f4-16325939879863-800.jpg

fedor-silva_crop_exact.jpg

iCYp1q-DNjUchdqI-kgJbPaWXTklRkA8IwRgAO-tABM.jpg

hh706GAJT0HaxUTjOYKYxVV_NVQhTTzYhtAC3sfFgio.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I picked the ones that could have happened:

GSP vs Silva when both were champs
Werdum vs Mir right when Werdum came back into the UFC from Strikeforce
Fedor vs Lesnar
Fedor vs Overeem in Strikeforce
Fedor vs Cain I guess, this one is harder to match up in terms of time

I would only vote GSP vs Silva if I had to. Both guys were p4p goats on insane streaks in the divisions next to each other. Both looked unstoppable. GSP would've had a stylistic advantage with his wrestling where it probably could've been fair despite being smaller fighter. UFC really messed up not getting it together.

My second choice was Brock vs Fedor. We could've had them both clash in their primes or close to it.

These fights probably would be talked about forever had they happened.

1) Fedor vs Lesnar
2) Mir vs Werdum
3) Fedor vs Overeem
4) Fedor vs Cain
5) Wanderlei vs Anderson

Honestly, not signing Fedor will always be the biggest miss in UFC history.

He could have delivered umpteen dream fights to headline mega-event PPV's, but Dana didn't want to share with M-1, so that was that.

Attachments

• upload_2022-6-10_21-55-15.jpeg
    upload_2022-6-10_21-55-15.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2
My two favorite dream matches not on the list:
Ronda Rousey vs Cris Cyborg - at SF
Dominick Cruz vs Jose Aldo - at WEC

Anderson v gsp
Anderson v Jones
Anderson v wanderlei
Anderson v Fedor
Fedor v lesner

I'd also add Fedor v couture as one I wanted to see

Frank/Werdum or Silva/Silva (I thought the former was a better option though, for some reason I see Anderson front kicking Wandy in the face, like he did Belfort. But that was not prime Belfort too, so who knows. No one ever will.)
Khabib/GSP
Usman/GSP
Silva/GSP
Khabib/Usman

Saku Vs Rickson from those

But Randy Vs Fedor and Randy Vs Cro Cop are the ones I'm most pissed about.

Saku Vs Frank Shamrock also

Would like to see anyone beat Brocks ass…
Also GSP and Khabib…
G Moose beat down Addy would also be enjoyable

I would only vote GSP vs Silva if I had to. Both guys were p4p goats on insane streaks in the divisions next to each other. Both looked unstoppable. GSP would've had a stylistic advantage with his wrestling where it probably could've been fair despite being smaller fighter. UFC really messed up not getting it together.

They tried numerous times...Anderson was cageside for GSP's fight against Condit in late 2012, UFC was pushing for that match up heavy then.

GSP always didn't want to do it since he said he would only move up to 185 if he were to become a full fledged welterweight. Hard to blame the guy too, he's clearly a small Middleweight and Anderson had the power to KO guys at 205.

Cro Cop vs Coutoure
Still sad about Tony vs Khabib in their primes

Back