Movies Out of these film male acting performances - Which one is the best? (Finals Triple Overtime)

Who's your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heath. To this day if you had told me that was Heath Ledger, and I didn’t know or see the credits I wouldn’t believe you.

Both are so damn good, and Heath is a revelation as The Joker. But I'm feeling like I should vote for Nicholson here.

Both amazing performances and films, but Ledger takes my vote because he did add some extra quality on a superhero film on a level that wasn’t seen before.

It still remains the best performance in a superhero film, and the best superhero film ever made after 13 years.

this-joker.gif

"Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in." - Jack all the way

Heath. To this day if you had told me that was Heath Ledger, and I didn’t know or see the credits I wouldn’t believe you.

This ALMOST got me to vote for him, aside from a single scene in the movie there is never a hint of Heath in that movie. BUt The Shining is just flat out iconic, and Jacks performance is pure brilliance.

Would'vd expected Marlon Brando to be at the finals

Why? His physical acting was lacking (in fact pitiful compared to his peers because he was an old alcoholic when he did his “best” work) and he mostly leaned on the timber and power of his tone and power of voice more than anything else.
Nicholson has infinitely more range and modern guys like Leo embarrass his meager accomplishments. For goodness sakes Brando only has godfather and a movie about a sleigh driven by infinitely more talented creators than he ever was.

Why? His physical acting was lacking (in fact pitiful compared to his peers because he was an old alcoholic when he did his “best” work) and he mostly leaned on the timber and power of his tone and power of voice more than anything else.
Nicholson has infinitely more range and modern guys like Leo embarrass his meager accomplishments. For goodness sakes Brando only has godfather and a movie about a sleigh driven by infinitely more talented creators than he ever was.

Why you so hard on Brando? He kick-started it all this naturalistic acting in film. Have you seen A Streetcar Named Desire?

Why you so hard on Brando? He kick-started it all this naturalistic acting in film. Have you seen A Streetcar Named Desire?

Leo and Jim Carrey alone easily embarrass his “acting” talent. Obviously it’s subjective but do you have any strong counter argument based on body of work? Name 6 productions featuring Marlon that are impressive and I’ll respond with 10 or more impressive works featuring Jim and Leo. He was only impressive because you were told to believe he was impressive. It’s like arguing about hockey and basketball players from two decades ago with sports fans.

Edit: If you want to engage in that argument can you name anything featuring Daniel Day Lewis that doesn’t put to shame Brando’s work? Come on man. If you want to argue, do some research

Last edited:
Leo and Jim Carrey alone easily embarrass his “acting” talent. Obviously it’s subjective but do you have any strong counter argument based on body of work? Name 6 productions featuring Marlon that are impressive and I’ll respond with 10 or more impressive works feature Jim and Leo. He was only impressive because you were told to believe he was impressive. It’s like arguing about hockey and basketball players from two decades ago with sports fans.

He's only impressive because we we're told to believe he was impressive? That's silly. There wouldn't be a De Niro, Pacino, Nicholson, Hoffman, Duvall, Caan, you can name a whole a lot of people directly influenced by Brando. He literally changed the axis of acting on film.

What movies have you seen Brando in? If you don't mind me asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back