Movies Out of these epic battle scenes - Which one the best? (The Finals O/T)

What's your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't even understand how The Lord of Rings is even in the running, let alone the final 3. I've never and will never see any of those movies, as I'm not a D&D fantasy dork. I just don't get it but I also have always had a social life. Haha
Did you read the books? Probably not. No pictures.

Wow, Battle of Helms Deep vs Omaha Beach.

That's such a hard choice. One movie opens up with one of the best battles in cinema history, while the other spends two hours building up to it. Taking into account the set-up and narrative importance, I'll go with Helm's Deep.

Every horse in that charge would have shattered their ankles and broke their necks. Horses can't charge down a slope that steep at that speed, and they certainly never rode that compactly together because any missteps or definitely the halt when the front ranks are absorbed by the formation they are charging would fuck up every horse behind them.

This is useless military history, but a charge was a looser formation than people might think. You want to stagger your 2nd 4rd etc. ranks behind your first so they flow into the enemy line and the ones behind them have time to slow and then pick away at openings made by the foremost ranks.

Not gonna lie. Was a sweet charge though.
LOTR never really had realistic battles tbh. It more-so narrative driven. Battles were more spectacle.

Now, The Hobbit on the otherhand had some offensively nonsensical battles that took me way too far out of it.

Guns&Artillery>>>>>Swords&Bows

SPR was such an intense first viewing. The sound design in theatres was amazing, and cannot remember another movie delivering as hard.

I can't even understand how The Lord of Rings is even in the running, let alone the final 3. I've never and will never see any of those movies, as I'm not a D&D fantasy dork. I just don't get it but I also have always had a social life. Haha

Look at this little sissy bitch over here.

Posting on sherdog and acting like your above high adventure. Im a Tolkien fearing man,and any heretics who aint,got shoved into lockers round here. Your social life is being publicly ridiculed and havin your car keyed with elvish script.

Not all who wander are lost,motherfucker

Look at this little sissy bitch over here.

Posting on sherdog and acting like your above high adventure. Im a Tolkien fearing man,and any heretics who aint,got shoved into lockers round here. Your social life is being publicly ridiculed and havin your car keyed with elvish script.

Not all who wander are lost,motherfucker
Whatever you say dork.

Whatever you say dork.

Have you ever seen it, bitch? The White Tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning fuckin breeze and shit? Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets? Course not. Aint nobody want your boring ass around.

latest

Keep adding to that impressive post count buddy. Between that and your love of lame fantasy movies I'm sure you're beating the ladies off with a stick...or ya, most likely just beating off your own stick. But you definetly have me intimidated. I don't want any issues with a Sherdog warrior with your post count. Please accept my apology.

I agree big time. Without their influence, I doubt we would have had the masterpiece battle scene in Saving Private Ryan be so good.
Plus police forces or was it military? Use the big shootout scene on how to properly retreat under fire... Val Kilmer was a beast in that scene

Private Ryan -Still remember the guy on JRE saying his dad had to leave the cinema during that scene; he was a vet and it brought back the smell of "diesel" when it was happening.

Every horse in that charge would have shattered their ankles and broke their necks. Horses can't charge down a slope that steep at that speed, and they certainly never rode that compactly together because any missteps or definitely the halt when the front ranks are absorbed by the formation they are charging would fuck up every horse behind them.

This is useless military history, but a charge was a looser formation than people might think. You want to stagger your 2nd 4rd etc. ranks behind your first so they flow into the enemy line and the ones behind them have time to slow and then pick away at openings made by the foremost ranks.

Not gonna lie. Was a sweet charge though.

The angle of the slope changes depending on the shot but at its steepest horses would indeed not be able to descend it quickly. However if they tried to gallop down it and/or fell it is hyperbole to say they would shatter their 'ankles' (I think you mean fetlocks) and break their necks. Horses aren't made of fine china.

Private Ryan -Still remember the guy on JRE saying his dad had to leave the cinema during that scene; he was a vet and it brought back the smell of "diesel" when it was happening.
Could not imagine a vet seeing it in theatres. It moved me to the extreme, so yea.... Could not imagine.

Back