Out of the 20 most popular beers in America - Which 3 are the best?

What's your picks?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://today.yougov.com/ratings/food/popularity/beers/all

Samuel Adams

8813-0w470h470_samuel_adams_boston_lager.jpg

Guinness
1787281811.jpg

Heineken
0007289000002.jpg

Blue Moon
33433-0w470h470_Blue_Moon_American_White_Beer.jpg

Budweiser
1315_m_v5.jpg

Stella Artois
12793_m_v11.jpg

Miller Lite
544874.jpg.thumb.1280.1280.jpg

Dos Equis
dos-equis-xx-lager-especial.jpg

Bud Light

10378849615902.jpg

Miller High Life
img3165.png

Corona Light
617720.jpg.thumb.1280.1280.jpg

Coors
014136.jpg.thumb.1280.1280.jpg

Corona Extra
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiaW5mbHVlbnN0ZXJfcHJvZHVjdGlvbiIsICJrZXkiOiAibWVkaWEvcHJvZHVjdC9pbWFnZS9wcm9kdWN0L2ltYWdlL2l0empyZnN5cDczdW9wZGZxcWRyLnBuZyIsICJlZGl0cyI6IHsicm90YXRlIjogbnVsbCwgInJlc2l6ZSI6IHsid2lkdGgiOiA3NTAsICJoZWlnaHQiOiA3NTAsICJmaXQiOiAiaW5zaWRlIiwgImJhY2tncm91bmQiOiB7InIiOiAxLCAiZyI6IDEsICJiIjogMSwgImFscGhhIjogMH0sICJ3aXRob3V0RW5sYXJnZW1lbnQiOiB0cnVlfX0sICJleHRlbmQiOiB7fX0=

Coors Light
coorslight-can.png

Busch
ci-busch-light-7e32f272e102c773.jpeg

Miller Genuine Draft
sab-miller-miller-genuine-draft_1465511402.png

Modelo Especial
labatt-breweries-canada-modelo-especial_1477952949.png

Michelob Light
ci-michelob-light-837dcd5e4db2386f.png

Pabst Blue Ribbon

PB59_473mL_2048x2048_b8b2d149-1725-4175-91b2-3316541046ba_1024x1024.jpg

Beck's
imageService

Modelo, Corona, and High Life... PBR gets a mention because it's my preferred cheap beer of choice here.

Becks and Heineken if the originals. Don´t know if the US has their own crappier versions like with Budweiser..

American beer is like having sex in a canoe. It´s fucking close to water.. :)

Budweiser, coors and Guinness

Nothing better than on super hot summer day on the river or at the lake and going to the cooler and fishing through half ice, half ice cold water and getting a super cold Budweiser. Or any American domestic really.

Becks and Heineken if the originals. Don´t know if the US has their own crappier versions like with Budweiser..

American macro breweries are pretty awful, the only two beers that are good on that list are Sam Adam’s and Guinness. Blue moon isn’t a terrible wheat so that was my third choice
American craft breweries are consistently rated the best in the world, I’m lucky enough to be able to go to Treehouse frequently.

American macro breweries are pretty awful, the only two beers that are good on that list are Sam Adam’s and Guinness. Blue moon isn’t a terrible wheat so that was my third choice
American craft breweries are consistently rated the best in the world, I’m lucky enough to be able to go to Treehouse frequently.
Yeah craft/micro breweries have really done wonders for quality beer.

I don't drink much beer anymore but in my younger days, I drank enough Pabst to float a battleship. I'm surprised to see the Pabst label claiming the 5.9% alcohol. American beers used to be limited to 5.5% alcohol. Anything over that had to be sold as malt liquor. Some states only allowed 3.2% alcohol beer to be sold in grocery stores and bars with the lower class license. You had to go to liquor stores to get the good beer. Pabst consistently was tested at 5.9% in Beer magazine tests. I knew it was higher in alcohol content because we would occasionally leave beer in an unheated garage on a cold winter night. Budweiser and Schlitz would freeze but Pabst didn't. I guess they dropped that 5.5% limit due to lobbying from the craft beer industry.

Coors all day and some the next morning for the hangover
maybe it's the Denver in me but I do genuinely enjoy a Coors

American Beck's is brewed in the US, not in Bremen.German Beck's is pretty shit too (Compared to other German Pilseners)

Budweiser and Budweiser Budvar (From the City of Budweis in Bohemia) are 2 completely different Breweries who've tussled over the naming rights.

Sam Adams and Guinness are easily the best out of that List.

Heineken is a dumbed-down Lager but drinkable when fresh and cold from a can on a hot day.

From that list:

1.) Sam Adams
2.) MGD
3.) Heineken

I’m going Stella, Heineken, Budweiser. Budweiser mostly for nostalgia, I drank it pretty heavily from age 14-25.

American Beck's is brewed in the US, not in Bremen.German Beck's is pretty shit too (Compared to other German Pilseners)

Budweiser and Budweiser Budvar (From the City of Budweis in Bohemia) are 2 completely different Breweries who've tussled over the naming rights.

The worst German brewed pilsner is still better than the best american (mass produced stuff from the big names)..

Yes, america made their own shittier budweisers... (not that Budvar is all that good compared to other Czech pilsners.)

Of those went Stella, Blue Moon, and Modelo. Would have put Pacifico over all 3 if it was listed.

Back