• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Out of 42 top economists, only 1 believes that Trump's tax policy will improve the economy

these-smug-pilots-have-lost-touch-with-regular-passengers-like-10587251.png
This picture only makes sense if your view from the outside is the pilot flying the plane toward a mountain and clearly uninterested in changing course, while simultaneously packing a parachute for him, the co-pilot, and the first class passangers.

Top economists? Is this the coaches' poll or the Associated Press rankings?

Well its the University of Chicago rankings.

You know the super-liberal marxist school of thought that influenced marxists like Pinochet.

I don't know what they expect to accomplish in an economy that is already steam rolling forward with consistent growth and full employment. Also the most significant tax cuts are to those who already pay very low nominal taxes. Tax cuts for average people are marginal and eventually expire. Spending habits won't be changed in any way.

On the deficit side the assumption is there will be 6% annual GDP growth which is fucking laughable.

The economy is rolling ONLY because Trump is publicly pro-business.

This picture only makes sense if your view from the outside is the pilot flying the plane toward a mountain and clearly uninterested in changing course, while simultaneously packing a parachute for him, the co-pilot, and the first class passangers.

How can you tell he is flying towards a mountain? for what reason? and how do you know he is packing parachutes when you cant parachute from a commercial plane anyway?

The economy is rolling ONLY because Trump is publicly pro-business.

So the economy is 100% a function of empty rethoric given by a president?

How can you tell he is flying towards a mountain? for what reason? and how do you know he is packing parachutes when you cant parachute from a commercial plane anyway?

I didn't say he was. I was pointing out the photo is a vacuum of perception trying to imply a faulty argument.... which is very stupid to do in a vacuum.... which I then exposed by create a separate vacuum. So now take the logic you just used and apply it to the picture.

How do we know there's a pilot? How do we know the man standing isn't privy to information that makes his claim valid? Why are we assuming the pilot is even there? Der doy.

So the economy is 100% a function of empty rethoric given by a president?

Yes, obviously. It is the only logical answer since he has not passed any truly meaningful legislation. His words boosted the economy.

The economy is MAGA'ing on command.

So a top economist believes that Trump's tax policy will improve the economy?

Suck it, haters. Trump knew what he was talking about.

I didn't say he was. I was pointing out the photo is a vacuum of perception trying to imply a faulty argument.... which is very stupid to do in a vacuum.... which I then exposed by create a separate vacuum. So now take the logic you just used and apply it to the picture.

How do we know there's a pilot? How do we know the man standing isn't privy to information that makes his claim valid? Why are we assuming the pilot is even there? Der doy.
I don't often say this, but I think you may be taking that comic too seriously.

Well you've got to go bankrupt 6 times before the loopholes kick in. Nobody understands the tax code (and it's very complicated by the way) better than the Donald.

Back