Ouano 99 Gi

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by jiujitzurero, Mar 26, 2008.

1. jiujitzurero

jiujitzurero White Belt

hey guys

I'm planning on buying the new Ouano 99's but I am unfamiliar with their sizing/shrinkage. I'm about 5'7 in height and weigh 132 lbs light build. I checked out their size chart and I'm between an A1 and A2. I am relunctant to buy the A2 since accdg. to the size chart the lower limit for the weight range is 152 lbs and I don't want it to be too baggy, however I fear A1 might be too short if it shrinks etc. Any advice?

2. Smashandgrab

Smashandgrab Red Belt

Go with the A1 for sure.

3. Cageside

Cageside Blue Belt

Yes

4. Halli_iceland

Halli_iceland Orange Belt

A1 and this is a awsome gi! going to get me a second one from cagesidemma next days

5. Newcastle

Newcastle Brown Belt

I got one of these gi's from CagesideMMA (an A2) and love it. I am a similar build, 5'8", 145lbs and went with the A2. The arms were long but after a little time in the dryer it fits perfect. I simply air dry it now. I love it! It is a very lightweight gi and seems to be of very good quality. If it holds up to regular use, I will most likely get another in blue.

6. jiujitzurero

jiujitzurero White Belt

Thanks guys. One last thing how's the shrinkage compared to gameness or other gis? If I just air dry and cold wash it will it shrink?

7. Newcastle

Newcastle Brown Belt

I doubt it will shrink much at all. I purposely shrunk mine down to in the dryer to get perfect fitment. I would say it is comparable to the Gameness Platinum in terms of shrinkage.