Crime Orthodox priest wounded in shooting in France's Lyon, attacker flees: police

I just don't know why a guy would attack a Greek Orthodox church in order to attack the French, but then again these guys aren't always the brightest bulbs.

I'll still wait for the facts to come out, because it sounds a bit "unorthodox" for a Muslim attack. Sawed-off shotgun, Greek guys being attacked. It's unusual but certainly possible, even expected in light of recent events.
Yeah, it's suspect for sure.

A lot of things indicated that this probably wasn't an Islamist attack.

The choice of weapon, the target (a Greek Orthodox church) as well as the suspect fleeing.

I can't recall too many cases where an Islamist terrorist actually fled the crime scene.

Being found in a kebab shop would indicate otherwise. Or perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

The guy they arrested in the kebab shop has been set free without charges. It doesn't mean he can't be charged later, but for now they don't have any suspect in custody and the attack has not been officially labelled a terror attack (which are handled by specialized magistrates and prosecutors).

Back