Orlando Sanchez Gives The Full Story Behind His Viral Gym Scuffle with Strickland

<mma4>

I'm sold. Orlando's in the clear. Strictland's a dickhead.
It seems they may both be a bit of a jerk in their own way. Orlando definitely seemed more in the wrong though - you don't deliberately injure people

It seems they may both be a bit of a jerk in their own way. Orlando definitely seemed more in the wrong though - you don't deliberately injure people
Being that Strictland isn't injured(as far as I know). He wasn't deliberately injured. Sounds to me like he got checked. Like a lot of mouthy guys do in gyms all across America. Sounds to me like Orlando didn't injure him, but rather introduced him to some "pain" as a way to say "If I wanted to, I could". It's kind of being a dick, but really, it's teaching a lesson.

Talk shit, get hit.
<{natewhut}>

If he came in without leaving his ego at the door, then fair play to Orlando for showing him who is boss.

Amateur grapplers will never learn

Nah man. a 300 lb gorilla of BJJ doesn't have to try to snap your arm with a no-tap-capability submission. He could literally sit on him.

Gym foul for sure.

How is that Guy a grappling champ and he looks so fat?

The further up the weight pyramid you go, the less talented grapplers you find. This dude probably wrecks at 300 lbs.

Yeah, he basically says he never met him, they weren't training partners, Strickland was talking shit about everyone there, the coach egged them to grapple, before grappling, Strickland made a "jerking off" gesture to Orlando's grappling credentials, the rest is history.

So then Orlando was being a dick and trying to hurt Sean with the arm lock attempt and tried to back pedal when he got hit for it.

I still think Orlando is a jerk and deserved what he got.

If he came in without leaving his ego at the door, then fair play to Orlando for showing him who is boss.

Amateur grapplers will never learn

Anyone Expert grappler that tries to hurt someone for having an ego is a piece of shit.

I would never do anything like that to a student or anyone that comes into my gym.

Way kinder ways of asserting dominance that doesn't risk injury.

Sanchez could have taken him down and just made him suffer from side control for an entire round. A guy his size, strength and skill level could have just made the round miserable for him but he chose to try and hurt him and deserved what he got IMO

Most important cliff to take away, and this is a verbatim quote from this asshole:

"I just had to show him who's in charge."

The rest is him explaining Strickland was talking shit to him or his group of friends, and that he had no idea who he was. Jason Parillo suggested Orlando and Sean train a grappling round. All around a shit show, but you don't do what Orlando did, and I think he's absolutely full of shit that he had no idea who Strickland was.

Orlando's never heard of a 13 fight veteran of the UFC, who's training in RVCA's private gym (its invite only and you have to go through their company warehouse to enter it) and is working with Parillo, their mutual friend. Sure, OK.
Orlando is definitely being a dick there. In the video, Strickland tells Orlando to chill at least 2 times when Orlando was yanking/trying to hyperextend Strickland's elbow. We don't know what happened before but based on what Orlando states, it's clear he's an a-hole who wanted to prove something to a decorated UFC vet who is about to main event a UFC event.

So a fat fuqqin super heavyweight fat ass grappler had to teach a much smaller striker a lesson even though his fat ass would never be able to get the much smaller striker in that position if it was a fair fat ass fight?

He should have oblique kicked the fat ass in his fatt ass fat wrapped in lard knee.

I hate bullies.

Towards the end of the video, it looks like Strickland and Orlando have made up

That's what's funny about this thread, all these dudes calling Orlando a piece of shit, and acting like he's Palhares level insane... meanwhile both of them are over it

So many people these days are sooo quick to declare someone a horrible human being, all it takes is a 30 sec video taken out of context

Being that Strictland isn't injured(as far as I know). He wasn't deliberately injured. Sounds to me like he got checked. Like a lot of mouthy guys do in gyms all across America. Sounds to me like Orlando didn't injure him, but rather introduced him to some "pain" as a way to say "If I wanted to, I could". It's kind of being a dick, but really, it's teaching a lesson.

Talk shit, get hit.
<{natewhut}>

People are prosecuted and convicted of criminal INTENT all day, every day. Just because you didn't succeed in your intent to injure doesn't mean you are innocent.

People are prosecuted and convicted of criminal INTENT all day, every day. Just because you didn't succeed in your intent to injure doesn't mean you are innocent.
This ain't the court of law. This is the fight game.

Again, you've made no case for there having been "intent to injure", and you can't. Because that can not be discerned. All we know is what we saw in the tape and what the guys said in the aftermath. It's my belief this was earned. No, I'm not 100%. I know neither guy. But from the information I have, it appears Strictland had it coming.

Again, you've made no case for there having been "intent to injure", and you can't. Because that can not be discerned. All we know is what we saw in the tape and what the guys said in the aftermath. It's my belief this was earned. No, I'm not 100%. I know neither guy. But from the information I have, it appears Strictland had it coming.

When the mexkcan testified that strickland was being a jerk, his testimony is evidence of his intent to injure. Guilty. Case closed.

Yeah but I I think he didn’t even score a point against Lo .. and the other time they met he got wrecked on points against him.

Sanchez is the all time Goat of hyper defensive ultra fat lay and pray while roided to the gills. All he’s ever done. Never got any medals at bb in gi, medaled great in ADCC twice while doing fuck all except amazing people at the ability to win medals without actually scoring any points or submitting anybody. Unfortunately you can have a lot of success in ADCC simply by being huge and roided AF and being willing to lay and pray and defend without scoring points or submissions.

I love gi and nogi both, but it’s a fact that random roided guys out of nowhere with limited training time typically get much further in ADCC than in gi.
this, look at the likes of Nicky Rod. You have to be way more technical in Gi, to advance in IBJJF Worlds. At ADCC, pure wrestling and stalling can win you matches.

He said he wanted to teach the guy a lesson. That is ownership of what happened. The move he did makes damage instant with little to no time to tap. Even in court he would be found guilty.

He said he wanted to teach the guy a lesson. That is ownership of what happened. The move he did makes damage instant with little to no time to tap. Even in court he would be found guilty.
Lol, I'm drunk. It's my birthday and I have no time to argue with dummies. Run along.
<DisgustingHHH>

Back