Opro mouthguard selection

Foxx_MMA

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am going to be starting to do Bjj again and might consider doing some Muai Thai down the round i was wondering does it make sense to buy the medium opro or should i go whole hog and spend the big money for the pro impact. Is the pro impact confortable and is it worth the extra money spent over the default one thanks

anybody come on i know people here have opro

Pro Impact since you will be taking shots to the head. The website tells you exactly what to purchase for each sport. Read it.

I have the pro impact and at first it cut into my gums badly (I didn't read the warning and advice on how to fix it). Once it was fixed it became very comfortable and never slides around and is easy to breathe in. If I had it to do over again I would go $40 more and get a biteme mouthguard. A training partner got one and they are a bit beefier and have better coverage. A better moutrhguard and they support our sport.

yea i would get the biteme but i was able to get a pro impact opro from a guy selling them for 25 bucks and that is an offer i couldnt refuse i dont have 75 more for the biteme

I am happy with my opro and for $25 I would have been a lot happier. $100 is a lot for a mouthguard and I don't know how much difference there is between opro and biteme as far as impact absorbtion but the fact that biteme supports a lot of fighters is why I would choose them.

Like I said the opro is a good product.

Is it easy to close your lips around opro and biteme mouthguards?

Opro with 3 layer ( I think that is the ProImpact, can not remember).
It is just perfect, a really good choice and they have good service too.
good luck for your training

do you know if bite me mouthguards deliver to england?

Woob said:
do you know if bite me mouthguards deliver to england?
Of course. They are also handmade, unlike Opro. They are also able to have custom designs, unlike opro, other than a few stripes. They are also much better made. Click on the site and see.

So if i spar rarely and grapple mostly, which bitme should I get? Hyrid or Mega? Is there a warranty on these?

koreanizm said:
So if i spar rarely and grapple mostly, which bitme should I get? Hyrid or Mega? Is there a warranty on these?
I am in the same boat as you as far as spar rarely and grapple mostly, and they told me the Heavy should be just fine. I was thinking Hybrid, but the dudes at Biteme talked me down to a heavy.

Edited to add:
In fact, I think mine is arriving today. If it shows up, I'll post pics.

jamison said:
Of course. They are also handmade, unlike Opro. They are also able to have custom designs, unlike opro, other than a few stripes. They are also much better made. Click on the site and see.

u run that site? or realllllllllllllllllllllly like ur mouthguard XD or they sponsor you?

~Foz

I have also ordered a Bite Me Mouthguard and should come in about 2 weeks as I live in the U.K.

Bite Me do deliver to the U.K just email them and they will sort everything out.

I chose a hybrid mouth guard as I train in Vale Tudo and thinking of BJJ. cost me 158.00 inlcuding postage for it. and the 3D Fang model in blak and white.

I will write a review of it when I recieve it. but dont think I can compare it to an Opro scine I have never used one, just a crappy gel max shockdoctor.

mxyzptlk said:
In fact, I think mine is arriving today. If it shows up, I'll post pics.

cool! I would love to see them.

owai said:
I chose a hybrid mouth guard as I train in Vale Tudo and thinking of BJJ... and the 3D Fang model in blak and white.

I'm curious, the rep I e-mailed reccommended against the 3D version saying there was a chance of it bruising my lips on impact (mouthguard itself still protective though). He reccomended going with a 1D version.

What made you go with the 3D? I'm wondering if I should have gone that way anyways is all.

Back