Opinions on yoga?

DDP Yoga ain't so bad.

200.gif

All I know is the Yoga pants thread over in the P&M didn't last long enough.

So you are saying that yoga can't be done without meditating?
Yikes. Your reading comprehension is really poor. I never said or suggested that.

What I said is that there are two key pillars of Yoga that are focused on MIND and BODY. On the mind side is Meditation and on the physical side is the Stretching/Exercise.

You can do either side without the other and be doing an aspect of Yoga. And its silly to say one side or the other is bullshit just because you only like one side. Other people, who are not you, get benefits from both sides.

I have only done it a hand full of times but every time I do afterwards I ask myself how come I don't do this more often. A good yoga class makes me feel great. The one I like is Vinyasa Yoga. It's a little more of a workout and you go from pose to pose quickly. Not a bad hobby for a man at all.

I've done it twice and it was hard. A very good workout. I don't care for the spiritual shit though.

Yikes. Your reading comprehension is really poor. I never said or suggested that.

What I said is that there are two key pillars of Yoga that are focused on MIND and BODY. On the mind side is Meditation and on the physical side is the Stretching/Exercise.

You can do either side without the other and be doing an aspect of Yoga. And its silly to say one side or the other is bullshit just because you only like one side. Other people, who are not you, get benefits from both sides.
read my original post. i never said meditation is bullshit, i said yoga culture is bullshit. I practice yoga almost everyday.

Namaste, bro.

I’ve tried it before, I found it incredibly hard during the class but did feel more relaxed after it.

It’s not great compared to other exercise for weight loss though.

Is it an unbecoming hobby for a man?
Only cucked males who feast on Soy products , march with feminists and wear scarves are into Yoga. ;)

Should just rename it stretch and roll around like a 5 year old.

If I had time, I'd love to do a basic yoga crash course and just learn a routine I could do by myself a few times a week to keep those hips flexible for kicking... I went to a resort this summer that offered yoga classes, but it was at 8 in the morning and after the first class, I didn't manage to get up on time for the rest of my time there.

There is a reason top soccer and NBA players do yoga: it allows you to work specifically on your flexibility, balance etc. without tiring you out for harder workouts later in the day.

It doesn’t tire you out physically but it does take a mental exertion and can be a bit painful during the class I find. The immediate aftermath of the class is usually a good feeling, although I find it’s hard to jump into work immediately after. I guess it’s cool for pro athletes who have all day and a few hours between workouts.

As far as wanting to do more, I’ve been to about 30 yoga classes before but now I’m using a yoga app and going to class about once a month.

I've been doing it now for about 7 months and it is literally changing my life, physically.

I've never been a flexible guy and have both scoliosis and sway back which means my spine is jacked. As I age it has got worse and I was going to massage at least once a week and physio (mostly IMS therapy) to try and relieve growing pains in my back.

I thought IMS and Massage were just going to be a regular and growing part of my back health and life. But since yoga I have weaned myself off both. Yes the preventative aspects of yoga mean I don't need the therapeutic or restorative of the other two. And i feel so much better, stronger.

The only bad part was that I could get 90% of money back for all massage and IMS treatments as therapies but I cannot claim any of my yoga. Thats messed up that I have to let myself get sore and injured to get be able to make a claim but if you can do some preventative that is on you. Anyway I eat that expense gladly. And in fact I am on my way to Yoga now.

How many days a week do you do yoga?

Been thinking about going to help with my own back issues. But I don't have much free time. Do you feel that going just 1 day a week would be beneficial?

How many days a week do you do yoga?

Been thinking about going to help with my own back issues. But I don't have much free time. Do you feel that going just 1 day a week would be beneficial?
I go 3-5 times a week when i am not traveling but few do that much. Most people do 1-2 a week and yes that would be beneficial.

I can honestly say I think yoga changed my life, back health wise. I feel 20 years younger in that regard. That said everyone's issues are different as i have a friend who also has back issues and says he did not feel the benefits and he quit. So it might depend on the genesis of your issues. Mine were mostly musculature issues and both my masseuse and physio guy would tell me that. So stretching really helped me.

I should do more. Most of my back problems are actually from having tight hips

I’ve tried it before, I found it incredibly hard during the class but did feel more relaxed after it.

It’s not great compared to other exercise for weight loss though.

Is it an unbecoming hobby for a man?
cant-trust-farts.jpg

As for me practicing yoga helps to create a better connection between body, soul and mind. It helps to perceive the world and people around as it is, bad or good. Yoga brings me in the state of complete relaxation and calmness, mastering over my mind and ignoring agitation. Moreover, while practicing yoga, the instinctive level is developed, gaining maturity and awareness of my own existence. Many consider yoga childish and immature. I believe they just have never tried to stretch properly, to find balance and the hardest thing to meditate. I learned how to meditate correctly after 6 months of practicing intensive yoga. If you want to become professional in yoga, you have be focused and keep going to classes. Also, attending professional teachers courses widely known will develop your skills making you a master in this field.

I remember how tough meditation came to me! I couldn't concetrate for a long period of time! Now after long trainings, I can meditate for hours!

Yeah i don't know.. it's actually good training if the yoga person would just shut the fuck up.. can't stand them..

Isn't it just the same as pilates with added spiritual bullshit?

I've been thinking about adding something like this to my workout routine as I'd like to be more flexible, it'll be a good way finding women to put my stink in once classes are happening again.

Back