Opinions on 'Southside Muay Thai and Submission'?

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87037

I've been doing Goju-Ryu Karate for the past 21 months and am tired of Kata so have decided to switch over to Muay Thai.

Southside Muay Thai and Submission is 15min from me so am wondering if anyone here knows anything about them/has trained under them. The schedule on their website only lists 'Muay Thai' classes without any reference to skill level. I'm wondering how training is for beginners - if I would learn proper technique or would just be doing a watered down 'cardio kickboxing' class. I'd call them and ask myself, but from my experience it's better to ask people training there than the front desk - to get an honest analysis [and without any commission incentive].

There's two gyms near me to choose from. Ultimate Martial Arts and Southside. I went to Ultimate for 3 months, 2 years ago and was disappointed with the teaching methods. I had upwards of 20 different teachers - telling us to do drill techniques we weren't taught. I also asked to cancel my membership, the person at the front desk said they did - and they didn't. Then a few months later I was told to come in and pay $150 or they'd pass it over to some company to collect - BS.. So that's why I'm staying away from UMA.

Also, anyone know how long a walk it is from Scarborough Town Center?

Thanks in advance for any input!

i've met a few of the fighters over at southside, good guys

but i've never actually trained there before... judging by the quality of their fighters though, they seem to be pretty good

Sorry bro, I've been getting settled at work. Check your PMs

Back