Opinions on Langhi VS Celso 2010 Worlds

Oak

栄誉
@Brown
Reaction score
I just finished watching all the 2010 Worlds matches I missed on budovideos. Thanks to whoever posted the link last night!

Anyway, this fight ended 0-0 with no advantages.

I honestly thought Alves won for being the aggressor most of the match and passing guard right at the end.

Does anyone else here see it this way as well? Or do you guys think Langhi got it fair and square? I just dont see that decision....

Last edited:
Idk. I feel like it could have gone either way. Langhi's guard retention was/is incredible though.

I feel like Langhi should have gotten an advantage for a near sweep towards the end of the match.

Langhi would have lost if not for that near sweep, I think. Langhi should have been given an advantage for that. Regardless, Langhi came much closer to sweeping than Celsino did to passing.

you mean Celso - he should've been given an advantage for the near sweep imo

Langhi would have lost if not for that near sweep, I think. Langhi should have been given an advantage for that. Regardless, Langhi came much closer to sweeping than Celsino did to passing.

Idk. Looks like Celsino completed the pass right when the clock ended. The sweep did not get finished though.

Anyway I think Celsino should have gotten it just for the reason he was attacking the entire fight. Langhi pulled guard and could not do anything.

Oh well....

Idk. Looks like Celsino completed the pass right when the clock ended. The sweep did not get finished though.

Anyway I think Celsino should have gotten it just for the reason he was attacking the entire fight. Langhi pulled guard and could not do anything.

Oh well....

It didn't look like that pass was even completed and he'd have to stabilize a pass for 3 seconds to gain any points anyway. Celcino was basically tied up in Langhi's spider guard for the majority of the match and didn't look to come anywhere near close to passing while Langhi nearly swept him and basically maintained his guard against Celcino with ease.

Back