OPINION: This should be Max’s next fight

Michael Osh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Instead of Holloway killing him self to fight at featherweight, how about he let’s Volk, Aldo, Edgar ETC sort their division out and stays at lightweight

I’ve always thought max does very poorly vs almost all the top ten lightweights, mainly due to his lack of power or BJJ(has a good darce though)

So if he wants prove he can be a P4P fight a proper lightweight instead of going back to 145 with his tail between his legs
One fight then he can face a top 5 like Gaethje, AL/Cowboy winner or even McGregor

Here is the man he should face
4DA3AD43-33DF-4AAE-9A5B-9C2E1A1F36BD.jpeg E4C4D187-0478-40F3-B92A-A5837A3A4400.jpeg
BarbozaKick.gif

This makes perfect sense since both are off a loss. Holloway gets more time to grow into lightweight(improves his power) and he faces someone who isn’t going to be at his legs(you know what I mean)
Barboza is just outside the top 5 so he’s only two wins from a title fight with a win.

Holloway has an advantage with hands, Edson with the feet
Can he overwhelm Edson or does he get hurt bad with kicks? i genuinely don’t know.

What do you guys think? Would Holloway win? Should this be his next fight?
If you disagree why shouldn’t this be his next fight?

Not a bad idea but that would mean he would have to give up the belt.

Edson would destroy max , he can't handle people his own size except a guy who previously lost every round he didn't get a sub in. Max is in a tough spot

Well... Max is most likely staying at 145 cause Dana wants him to and Max seemed to want to head back down as well.

I prepose a 4 man tournament

Aldo vs Volk

Zabit vs either Edgar or another guy

Max can either take a lw fight in the meantime or sit...depending on timeline

Max will likely go back to fw but that Edson fight would be a great one. Edson is a MUCH bigger lw but Max has the pressure that makes Edson crack. A 3 rounder is a toss up but Id lean a bit towards Edson.

If Max wants to stay at lw he will need a year or two to get his body used to it. It wont be a one day process. And some losses will come up with that.

Last edited:
He should be fighting Volkanovski if he beats Aldo

If Aldo wins however, I guess Max can take a fun fight at 155 like Barboza

Edson would destroy max , he can't handle people his own size except a guy who previously lost every round he didn't get a sub in. Max is in a tough spot
No he wouldnt if Max was allowed to adjust to the division.

Max would absolutely drown him if he had time to pack on muscle on his frame and actually get suited to the division.

Pressure, pace and volume absolutely drown Edson.

Nah, he needs to go defend his belt. He just needs to sacrifice to put together the best run that he possibly can at FW. When that run is over, he can finish his career at LW.

Not a bad idea but that would mean he would have to give up the belt.
There isn’t much left at featherweight, especially if Aldo beats Volk which I expect him to do

This would be a fun style matchup vs a top 6 guy

Max just needs to bulk up and stick with LW. He looked soft asf compared to Dusty.

Yeah, he's going to give up his belt for the honor of fighting Barboza... WTF.

Last edited:
If Holloway fights at LW again I think he needs time to put on the weight properly. Holloway looked very small in there and as I always said he is very skinny, he is not some huge guy like people make him out to be, he is very skinny. He is just tall for FW.

<Moyes5>

Lmfao I thought you were gonna say Denis Siver or something

Aldo only has 2 fights left. One of those is against Volkanovski and he just beat another up and coming contender Moicano. Aldo doing all of Max's work for him.

Hollaway Barboza would be the shit

No he wouldnt if Max was allowed to adjust to the division.

Max would absolutely drown him if he had time to pack on muscle on his frame and actually get suited to the division.

Pressure, pace and volume absolutely drown Edson.

the only difference with max at 155 and 145, was water weight..he looked softer and more bloated..definitely not good solid weight...

I think Barboza is a HORRIBLE matchup for him at LW. If he wants to stay at LW, a rematch with Pettis would be fun.

Back