Opening Cuts

CowboyPete

Green Belt
Reaction score
What sort of strikes best open cuts? I bring this up because I was feeling my eye sockets (don't ask why) and noticed that at the outside and top of my socket, the bone protrudes a little bit. I would think it would be easier to open up a cut there than anywhere else on the face. Plus it would probably end a fight from blood in the eyes if it was bad enough. Your thoughts?

I would think most people would agree with saying elbows from the top position are the most likely to open up a cut.

Knees and stuff can open up worse cuts, but throwing elbows is definitely the easiest way to draw blood on someone.

David Loiseau is a guy ive seen cut other fighters up with elbows standing and on the ground, check out some of his fights.

As others have mentioned, elbows open up cuts pretty readily.

Also, not yet mentioned, headbutts open up cuts real easy too.

deadlyshaolin said:
Also, not yet mentioned, headbutts open up cuts real easy too.

Ohhh yeah, if we are including headbutts I change my answer, haha.

Definitely the fastest way to get one of the guys in a fight cut.

h2ogo2049 said:
Ohhh yeah, if we are including headbutts I change my answer, haha.

Definitely the fastest way to get one of the guys in a fight cut.

No kidding, this guy in my class got headbutted at a bar and he broke his orbital bone.

So where'll a cut be opened the quickest and most "fight-endingly?" I'm thinking the eyebrow area is where it's at. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Almost all fights that I've seen stoped by a cut are from cuts above the eye, in the eyebrow.
But this is just from my memory which is kinda hazy now from real early fights so...I would have to agree.

Right on the eyebrow opens up pretty fast, ive gotten cut BAD twice there playing hockey.

above the eye, along the brow or jus under the eye, where your cheekbone protrudes. Bridge of the nose is pretty easy to open up too.

stitches in the bridge of my nose was the worst thing ive ever expierienced I think, haha.

CowboyPete said:
My jabs will all be going for the eye from now on :p

You live in long island, you're not a fucking cowboy. And you're not going to cut anyone with a jab.

Elbow right above the eye or on the eyebrow will usually stop the fight pretty quick.

i think it's a pretty ill-advised idea to go into a stand-up exchange aiming for such specific parts of the face/head. just hit your opponent - that should be enough of a challenge. if your opponent is so slow and has such a lack of defense that you can accurately elect to hit him in the eyebrow instead of the nose, then you really don't need to be worrying about ways to win the fight more quickly.

DIYWMD said:
You live in long island, you're not a fucking cowboy. And you're not going to cut anyone with a jab.

Dude jabs are very lethal, they can cut you up. Have you ever watched boxing? I nice sharp jab can slice that skin right up.

the cut isn't caused by the punch alone, its the skin being stopped by the bone which tears the skin
so a jab could cut you up if it lands flush
the EASIEST place to cut is the mouth because its fleshy and you have a hard surface to bang against, the reason cuts above the eye stop fights is because it affects your vision which is obviously dangerous because if you can't see a punch coming, what chance do you have of stopping it.
Everybodys orbital socket protrudes a little bit so your probably no more likely to get damaged than anyone else
its sharp cheek bones and a big nose you need to worry about
p.s.Aiming to end a fight with a cut is a :eek::eek::eek:gy way of doing things though mate, aim for the chin or go for a sub if your doing mma, be a man

DIYWMD said:

I doubt you're a DIYWMD... you don't know me.

Back