Opening a gym

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
I hope this is in the right fourm but anyway In a couple of years me and my guys are wanting to open our own mma gym. Right now we train at a small gym, and its free to who ever wants to go, but the only thing that might be a problem is this tae whon do gym. We wont to open it up in a good part of town. My friend said that it might not be a good idea for the fact that all these little kids now days take tae kown do what do yall think my town has about 40,000 people do you think that it will do good I would hope so since mma is on the rage now.

do you have quality instruction in any specific martial arts?

who will teach at the school and what are their qualifications as a practitioner, competitor, and teacher?

You may have been able to troll the grappling and striking forums, but I think your days of terrorizing the English language are soon to be over.

make sure you get good quality instructors. ive seen excellent fighters open gyms and fail, because fighting and teaching are totally different. the instructor must be able to break down drills and techniques and explain them on the student's level. also make sure you get the necessary insurance to cover you in the event of accidents. also the instructor should have a basic knowledge of first aid.

lastly you need to spend time promoting the gym. don't think just because you open a gym people are going to automatically come to it. you might have to do a few demos and give a way some lessons to get people interested.

If you want my 100% honest opinion, it is that you are either a troll account of a Moderator, or barely able to use a computer and the English language.

This is another example of a question that shouldn't be asked. If real, you're a teenage white belt in BJJ with experience in a bunch of TMA bs, and no credibility to instruct MMA. Even so, this is a hypothetical question for a theoretical gym that is years away from opening.

If you want to do this, you'll likely need a time machine to acquire:
-collegiate wrestling, elite bjj (probably a purple for your location), or elite striking (open level amateur class in boxing or MT)--credibility
-business experience, or partners who are adept at running and marketing a martial arts gym
-financial backers willing to lend to a bunch of 20-year olds who will likely lose money for years until the gym is sustainable

In short, yuo ain't got no skilz yet, don't think bout none of this. Buy some matz, and get to wrasslin' wit yo budies. Like Wrestlemania!

Back