Open & Live scoring for the UFC? (Glory 4 style)

Kanakukko

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So while I was enjoying Glory 4 event, I really liked the scoring system. They showed judges scores between rounds. Also, they had 5 judges instead of UFCs 3.

Would you like to see this in the UFC? Would it have more positive or negative effects on fighters?

For example if fighter A knows he has won two first rounds, could he become more hesitive and just wanting to ride it for sure victory?
But on the other side, if fighter B knew for sure that he is two rounds behind, he most likely would become much more aggressive in the third round?

In my opinion this would be a great change for the current closed scoring. Also the 5 judges instead of 3 would make less bad decisions.

Please share your opinion.

I think olympic boxing also used five judges, but only counted the three judges who were the closest to each other in scoring the fight. I thought that was an interesting idea.

I've been hoping to see Open Scoring for quite some time.

I also love the 5 judges idea. I would also like to to see draws awarded for any split decisions 3-2.

Yes, as far as I know Kickboxing always uses 5 judges which leave's far less room for error in my opinion, I've also wanted to see the open scoring for a long time so the judges are held accountable for there decisions.

In a perfect world they would put these guy's in a soundproof room so they are not swayed by crowd reaction and they should be watching the same broadcast we do sans the commentary and stats, if they still can't get it right then it's hopeless.

I would like to see a video of a fight filmed entirely from a judges perspective, I imagine after seeing this we may have a new respect for how hard their job is under the current flawed system.

I like the idea of five judges, but I don't like open scoring. Like you said, it can encourage the fighter ahead on the scorecards to play it safe in the final round. It also kills the some of the suspense.

I like the idea of five judges, but I don't like open scoring. Like you said, it can encourage the fighter ahead on the scorecards to play it safe in the final round. It also kills the some of the suspense.

Just show it on the T.V feed so that it's not seen in the arena, problem solved.

Just show it on the T.V feed so that it's not seen in the arena, problem solved.

It doesn't solve the suspense issue. Listening to the decision can be part of the fun of watching fights.

It doesn't solve the suspense issue. Listening to the decision can be part of the fun of watching fights.

I guess, I find it more nerve racking then fun most of the time though, as I'm sure you're aware.

I would like to see a video of a fight filmed entirely from a judges perspective, I imagine after seeing this we may have a new respect for how hard their job is under the current flawed system.

They still don't have monitors for judges? Shouldn't be too hard to set some ~20" screens in front of them. When I was ringside while back in local event, it was actually useful when I was right behind a judge. World class organisation doesn't have this?

You are there for the fights, not the suspense. Plus if its close, you still don't know who won the final round until its announced.

5 judges and open scoring would solve a TON of problems

They still don't have monitors for judges? Shouldn't be too hard to set some ~20" screens in front of them. When I was ringside while back in local event, it was actually useful when I was right behind a judge. World class organisation doesn't have this?

I believe they do now, but it was implemented some time last year and clearly hasn't helped much, I feel like a lot of judges get swayed by crowd reactions to things as well, like when the crowd gets all excited as Matt Riddle throws straight punches at the air while walking forward= effective aggression.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back