1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Economy Ontario gym owner on pandemic impact: 'We can't survive'

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by GoldenWolf87, Nov 15, 2020.

1. GoldenWolf87 Black Belt

I hear these kind of stories not just from Gym Owners but Bar/Small restaurants/Cafes as well these COVID-19 restrictions and lockdown measures which had imposed in Ontario and Canada are hurting these kind of businesses.

Does government money/bailouts really help these business and revive economy? the answer is no.
    So according to supposed "Health Experts" you can apparently catch covid in the gyms and small business? but not super stores like wall marts?

These lockdowns have to stop. If these lockdowns don't stop there wont be a economy that might help future sports players and trainers.

Ontario gym owner on pandemic impact: 'We can't survive'

2. PrinceOfPain Gold Belt

Gyms are bandits. Buy equipment, work out at home.

3. GoldenWolf87 Black Belt

Well if you have a house/Home that sure sounds easy for most at least? and unless your preparing to be a MMA/UFC fighter or something like that. MMA/UFC gyms will be also hurt by all these measures.

A.S. Deep likes this.
  4. [email protected]&WW Gold Belt

distribution of food is a necessity. you have to be a moron to think that if gyms should be shut down during a pandemic, so should a grocery store.

and yes, analyses have shown it is far more likely to spread covid in a gym or full-service restaurant than it is in a grocery store for multiple reasons. one is density of humans, two is static interaction time, and three is the fact that you cant wear a mask while eating and people increase respiration while exercising.

yes small businesses are suffering, especially small restaurants and gyms. ideally, governments are able to bail them out, though clearly many governments are either incapable or unwilling to do so to a sufficient degree.

simply letting them reopen and extending the duration of the pandemic and the magnitude of damage to human life it creates is not the solution. even without restrictions, many of these businesses will still go out of business because many consumers wont be returning even if theyre allowed to.

these are all talking points that anyone paying any attention has already hashed out months ago.

5. tonni POTY 2020 Banned

Yes let me put a squat rack and hundreds of kilos of weights and a pull up rack and shit in my apartment.

6. PrinceOfPain Gold Belt

Eh, I'm just being full of shit, 'cos I'm sure lots of businesses are suffering - but gyms are at the bottom of my list for sympathy. Because most of them, in my experience, are fucking robbers.

Apologies though. Where I am, restaurants/bars are open. So, I'm being a bit colder than necessary.

Khabib Khanate likes this.
  7. PrinceOfPain Gold Belt

Stop going to gym, and you can afford a bigger place.

8. Wet Blanket Bipartisan GIF Machine

There is rent relief available for businesses, but the landlord needs to apply, not the tenants...

So landlords aren't applying and just kicking out the tenants. Its ridiculous. Our provincial government is useless.

9. Jballer Red Belt

Sounds like what you really need is a strong pair of bootstraps.

10. The Big Bang Silver Belt

Nah man.

You would be surprised how SUPER ULTRA valuable exercise bands can be with NO space.

I have given advice about this topic here prior.

Khabib Khanate and irish_thug like this.
  11. tonni POTY 2020 Banned

My gym subscription is like 240 euros a year lol.

12. EL CORINTHIAN Red Belt

I have a fully equipped gym in a 10x10 room.

Hundreds of kilos of weight. Lol. You don't even lift.

KnightTemplar and irish_thug like this.
  13. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

Historians in 10 years:

"Initially the virus appeared quite deadly. However, by June 2020, crowds of people packed the streets for weeks on end, and COVID deaths were not skyrocketing as predicted. Despite this irrefutable evidence that the virus was not as deadly as initially claimed, governments continued to mandate lockdowns."

14. tonni POTY 2020 Banned

It would very likely damage the floor. If you get discs to squat/deadlift + freeweights you easily get to a couple of hundred kilos. Plus the racks, the bench, the bars...

I’d rather pay 240 a year and not fuck up the floor. It’s cheaper.

15. StoneColdSteveAustin Silver Belt

Yeah that $20 a month is a real killer

16. PrinceOfPain Gold Belt

Don't make your problems mine. Scrap gyms. Poor planners are just meant to be slovenly.
    Accept it.

17. tonni POTY 2020 Banned

What a bunch of morons in here. Training equipment is expensive, I could go years to the gym for that money and show off my fucking hot ass to everyone at the same time.

18. EL CORINTHIAN Red Belt

In Canada if your home is up to code, a room should be able to support around 4000lbs.

I have a dual leg extension/curl machine, power rack, Barbell, , Trap bar, adjustable dumbells, some kettlebells, a spin bike and about 600lbs of plates with some rubber horse stall mats.

All of it in a 10x10 room. I also train people so it makes me money.

19. StoneColdSteveAustin Silver Belt

These people are so dopey it hurts to read their posts.

“Yeah just buy 5k worth of home gym equipment” lmao. You can go to the gym for years before you see the savings

Badger67, Wet Blanket and tonni like this.
  20. tonni POTY 2020 Banned

Well, you're just trolling now in an attempt to make it look like you weren't serious that building a full home gym is cheaper than paying 240 a year to go to a gym.

TheTimeIsNotNow and Wet Blanket like this.