Online purchases - ever been ripped off?

YPMG

Patriot Nation
@purple
Reaction score
So about 4months ago before the NHL lockout I purchased tickets to a Rangers game via a certain ticketmarket website. Season has been cancelled and I would like a refund - only problem, the initial website claims to hold no responsibility and the other, surprise surprise, has not answered any of my emails requesting a refund.

Have you ever been ripped off via an online purchase? What happened? What'd you do?

Kind of/sort of.

Back story:

When my daughter was little (2-4), I used to sit her on my lap and play "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" for her as she fell asleep. Then I'd put her to bed. Well, she's 6 now, and grown out of that. But, a few month ago, we were talking about that and she remembered it and appreciated it.

OK. So, I found a website where the sell knit, stuffed bears that play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" when you push a button on their chests. They come with a sleep mask and a blanket. So, I decided to buy my daughter one for Christmas. I thought that she'd love it. But, when I got it, it was about three inches tall and the music button didn't work.

I was pissed.

My first online purchase ever arrived in the mail today. Books!

I'm happy as a pig in shit right now. Online shopping ftw.

Actually I'm a little more sad now after reading Charles Brown's story. I hope you got her something else that was nice man.

Did you get a refund Charles? And HillRaiser, did you discover book depository or did you go with Amazon? I've spent so much money on books lol

My first online purchase ever arrived in the mail today. Books!

I'm happy as a pig in shit right now. Online shopping ftw.

Actually I'm a little more sad now after reading Charles Brown's story. I hope you got her something else that was nice man.

I got her that and a necklace with a love pendant. The silver bothers her neck and gives her a rash. Total failure all around. I'll have to make it up on Valentine's Day.

I bought an iPad for my mom through amazon marketplace. Paid upfront, guy didn't deliver, didn' respond to my mails.
Got reimbursed by amazon more or less instantly after they tried to contact him, unsuccessfully.

Did you get a refund Charles? And HillRaiser, did you discover book depository or did you go with Amazon? I've spent so much money on books lol

No way -- Amazon had no free shipping to Canada! That was a huge disappointment.

I went through the Chapters website, but I am now investigating this book depository thing you mentioned. Intradesting...

My things came quickly and in good shape though, so I'm happy. It doesn't take much.

I got her that and a necklace with a love pendant. The silver bothers her neck and gives her a rash. Total failure all around. I'll have to make it up on Valentine's Day.

My heart is breaking! Get her a Peanuts Treasury book. She can read it every year as she grows up (I did) :D

I ordered a costume from a Hong Kong site, and they took over 2 months for it to come in, and I needed it for Halloween and I didn't get it.

Sucks cause I had ordered another costume at the same time and it came in fast and looked great, so I was pissed and satisfied at the same time.

Read the description thoroughly, use your common sense and make sure you pay with paypal because they have buyer protection. If your item doesn't arrive or doesn't match the literal description you will get your money back.

No way -- Amazon had no free shipping to Canada! That was a huge disappointment.

I went through the Chapters website, but I am now investigating this book depository thing you mentioned. Intradesting...

My things came quickly and in good shape though, so I'm happy. It doesn't take much.

My heart is breaking! Get her a Peanuts Treasury book. She can read it every year as she grows up (I did) :D

www.bookdepository.co.uk - say goodbye to your money my friend! Cheap AND free postage worldwide.

Ninja - my costume arrived late too but it was Guy Faux so ill have plenty of use for it. How much did you lose though?

Yeah. Back during the UFC black out days, I watched the same UFC VHS tapes over and over. Then I discovered sherdog around the early days of pride(original gp) and ordered those events at like 30 buck a tape. Became addicted all over again, discovered eBay. Made a few small purchases, then made a giant order over ten years ago for all the dark UFC events and many, many other tapes(over fifty). I was in the police academy and kept expecting to find my order at home waiting for me. I waited over twelve weeks before I started calling the guy. He lived in Canada and thought I could not get to him, but I did some research, learned about the constables in his area, and had another cop pretend to be one. It worked and he sent most of the tapes to me. I spent well over one hundred for the order,and I am guessing s&h was expensive and a pain in the ass to ship that many, so he said fuck it until I would not give up.

Bought the Wonder Years on DVD... they don't sell it on DVD

Bought Samsung headphones from ebay at a low price, from China, ad said they were OEM, got them and they were absolute garbage. Seller returned the money as long as I didn't complain or give him negative feedback, most likely so he can rip off others.

www.bookdepository.co.uk - say goodbye to your money my friend! Cheap AND free postage worldwide.

2s8h9qt.gif

Me likey.

Yeah. Back during the UFC black out days, I watched the same UFC VHS tapes over and over. Then I discovered sherdog around the early days of pride(original gp) and ordered those events at like 30 buck a tape. Became addicted all over again, discovered eBay. Made a few small purchases, then made a giant order over ten years ago for all the dark UFC events and many, many other tapes(over fifty). I was in the police academy and kept expecting to find my order at home waiting for me. I waited over twelve weeks before I started calling the guy. He lived in Canada and thought I could not get to him, but I did some research, learned about the constables in his area, and had another cop pretend to be one. It worked and he sent most of the tapes to me. I spent well over one hundred for the order,and I am guessing s&h was expensive and a pain in the ass to ship that many, so he said fuck it until I would not give up.

Lucky you man! That's my intention with this company that won't respond to me - I'm just going to contact my credit card company and dispute it anyway, let them deal with him lol

My first experience with ebay, I bought an Adrian Peterson jersey for the hell of it since he's on my fantasy team. Shortly after I purchased it, the dude's account disappears and he will not respond.

So I went and bought a different one while I tried to get my money back from the original seller. I had almost given up when, out of the blue one day, after a few months, the AP jersey shows up in the mail. I ended up selling it to a friend who pulls for the Vikings.

Ts, i don't understand why u r going through 2 websites?

I have been purchasing stuff online like a mad man lately. I have never been let down.

I bought a "full size" Colts penant that ended up being miniature. That's the extent of my woes.

My wife and I are somewhat Internet Shopaholics. We have yet to be ripped off. We use Amazon and 6pm most frequently. There was one issue with an Amazon seller several years ago, but as mentioned by another poster, they refunded our $ almost immediately. We love it.

Back