• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ong Bak 2: The Beginning

MLarson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just started watching it, and so far not bad

Anyone else watched it and enjoyed it?

For anyone interested it's on YouTube.

Haven’t watched it in years but I remember liking the Ong Bak movies. Tony Jaa was pretty great in all of them and I was surprised he didn’t make it bigger with more crossover roles like Jet Li and Donnie Yen.

I have this issue where I get drunk, very drunk then roll through movies fast forwarding to all the fight/action scenes. I've watched that 15 - 22 min end fight scene a hundred times!

I watched it long ago, but I remember being slightly disappointed that it didn't live up to the first one. Still enjoyed it though.

The first Ong Bak was amazing. the second one sucked IMO. There was good action, but it was completely unrelated to the first movie. They just attached the name to build off the success of the first one.Tom yum goong aka The Protector is a lot more similar to the first Ong Bak.

The first Ong Bak was amazing. the second one sucked IMO. There was good action, but it was completely unrelated to the first movie. They just attached the name to build off the success of the first one.Tom yum goong aka The Protector is a lot more similar to the first Ong Bak.
I had a sad when that goofy guy died at the end of Ong Bak

He was a good guy and entertaining

The second one was decent but some of it was strange.

It was garbage compared to the first one.

Tom Yung Goong/The Protector was great though.

His Elephant gets kidnapped and he has to go to Australia to shut down an illegal restaraunt serving endangered animals and fight a team of the biggest Strong Men in Australia.

tmC9Cs.gif

It's like all of his other movies, amazing action scenes and a terrible, predictable plot.

I personally think the last action scene in Ong Bak 2 is Jaa's best work. He uses a crazy amount of weapons and styles. It's basically like watching a live action version of the beat em up games from the 90s where he just fights wave after wave of bad guys.

It's like all of his other movies, amazing action scenes and a terrible, predictable plot.

I personally think the last action scene in Ong Bak 2 is Jaa's best work. He uses a crazy amount of weapons and styles. It's basically like watching a live action version of the beat em up games from the 90s where he just fights wave after wave of bad guys.

Dude has done some gnarly fight and stunt scenes, that's for sure.

Tony+Jaa+-+Kick+Gif.gif

I also remember the chase scene in one of the Ong Bak or Protector movies where he's jumping through street carts and dodging motorcycles while doing parkour spinning shit.

Oh yeah there's good chase scenes in both Ong Bak and the Protector. Unfortunately he had a pretty bad run of movies after Ong Bak 2. Ong Bak 3 was really mediocre and Protector 2 was just straight up bad. I think he was going through some pretty bad personal issues too during that time period.

Killzone 2 is actually really good though, that was probably his last movie that was worth watching.

Dude has done some gnarly fight and stunt scenes, that's for sure.

Tony+Jaa+-+Kick+Gif.gif

I also remember the chase scene in one of the Ong Bak or Protector movies where he's jumping through street carts and dodging motorcycles while doing parkour spinning shit.

I loved Ong Bak (original one). P4P one of the greatest fighting movies of all time.

Unfortunately, all of Tony Jaa's other movies are shit.

Back