Ones frame and weight class

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by GuyintheCrowd, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuyintheCrowd

GuyintheCrowd White Belt

When I say "He has the frame of a middleweight." what would you say this means within the context of MMA.

For me it could either be this individual has a similar build(height+weight+body fat%) to other middleweights he is competing against.

Or

This individual fights at a similar weight to those he is competing against.

2. Magooglie

Magooglie Steel Belt

I think of it as bone size, which is mainly height, shoulder width, limb length. Though some people add the muscle in frame. For example GSP considers himself to have a smaller frame while some people say he has a bigger frame because they take his muscle into account.

3. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

the "frame" is typically in reference to how it works within the division. sean sherk could fight at ww, but his "frame" isn't that conducive to it (short arms, etc). same could be said for a guy like kendall grove who can make mw, but won't do well because he is too lanky and could be outmuscled/wrestled by guys in the division who are more compact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.