OneFC Reportedly Investing $50 Mil into Mighty Mouse and ESports - Sage Northcutt in Singapore

TheCompleteKO

All-new MMA Visual Podcast
@Blue
Reaction score
Sherdog,

OneFC has been making splashes with the signing of Eddie Alvarez and the Trade for DJ.
According to MMA On Point, OneFC are investing $50 Mill into DJ signing as well as some of the action going on in the world of E sports.

Additionally, we know that Sage Northcutt is a free agent and traveled to Singapore to meet with OneFC to further contract negotiations.

With all of this heavy spending, including the fact that Eddie Alvarez claims that they are paying a collective sum of "8-Figures" the question really is where are they getting all of this money from and how are they going to further generate revenue?

For those who have their app - they show the fights for FREE.

Are you excited to see the new moves being done by OneFC?
Are you concerned about their heavy up-front expenses without a true backend plan that see's them generating healthy revenue in a 5+ year plan?

@FrankieNYC - I wanna hear what you gotta say about this

MMAOnPoint:

do they know that mighty mouse had like 300 viewers on twitch?

Sherdog,

OneFC has been making splashes with the signing of Eddie Alvarez and the Trade for DJ.
According to MMA On Point, OneFC are investing $50 Mill into DJ signing as well as some of the action going on in the world of E sports.

Additionally, we know that Sage Northcutt is a free agent and traveled to Singapore to meet with OneFC to further contract negotiations.

With all of this heavy spending, including the fact that Eddie Alvarez claims that they are paying a collective sum of "8-Figures" the question really is where are they getting all of this money from and how are they going to further generate revenue?

Are you concerned about their heavy up-front expenses without a true backend plan that see's them generating healthy revenue in a 5+ year plan?

MMAOnPoint:

Who the fook is this guy and why is he a reliable source?

Oh God they're going to try making DJ into the new Ninja (or whatever his name is, I don't want that trash....)

<6>

This sounds like the makings of a classic MMA failure.

They should read the history books, particularly the "Bodog" section.

Sherdog,

MMAOnPoint:

Who the fook is this guy and why is he a reliable source?

OK now I know that it's you guys who posted this.

I checked your other threads and found NOTHING that can assume that you're a reliable source of news.

Sage is always at the right time in the right place. Where there is money Sage is there

lcxyE0D.gif
oZFr.gif

OK now I know that it's you guys who posted this.

I checked your other threads and found NOTHING that can assume that you're a reliable source of news.

? What
Who is "you guys" lmao?

Just watch the video and put your input on or GTFO with you whining

Sage is always at the right time in the right place. Where there is money Sage is there

I think his Dad pretty much own's him.
So all of these moves are just his dad trying to squeeze every penny out of his boy lol

no doubt MM has talent and I wish him well but I made no effort to watch him with the ufc and there is little to no chance I'm going to watch him with OneFC.

They are making the right moves to spread through the Asian market and are planting the seeds for future growth of MMA and combat sports in that region, which is so fucking flush with cash.

Americans don't matter much anymore on the global entertainment market, their wants and needs and the lack of ability to adapt to new trends will keep UFC mostly pandering to an older, Western customer, while Rizin and OneFC will be trending with new viewers in Eurasia and the Middle East, which is $$$.

Hollywood is already sucking China's dick, sports was just an obvious next.

It's behind the scenes gambling between mostly rich chinese ppl. That is where the revenue is coming from

ONE is pretty fucking fishy. Seven years in:

Masses of venture capital

The owner has a friend at Forbes who writes monthly puff pieces about the massive success of ONE

Ambitious plans to dominate Asian combat sports, penetrate Japan in 2019, hold 120 events per annum, etc etc.

Yet:

Makes huge financial losses

Actual revenue is minimal, and mostly related to 'barter transactions' rather than actual cash

Ticket sales are usually very shitty indeed, and most tickets are given away for free

Endless lies from the company about the size of their audience - makes Dana White appear honest

No TV broadcasting deals that are worth anything

The product is given away for free as the events are broadcast over an app or YouTube

The fights are often fun, but the fighters are largely anonymous and C-level in terms of talent

Recruits some major free agents - presumably the venture capital cash will be spent on their purses - but of limited box office appeal (DJ), or post-prime (Alvarez)

Expands into boxing, kickboxing and now e-sports with no obvious rationale for doing so

What the fuck is going on with ONE?! Paging @FrankieNYC to break down the emerging war for Asian MMA between ONE and Rizin.

Last edited:
no doubt MM has talent and I wish him well but I made no effort to watch him with the ufc and there is little to no chance I'm going to watch him with OneFC.

Yeah I agree 100%.
I never liked watching his performances but maybe thats because we're in North America.

I believe in Asia where there are a lot more smaller fighters and more viewers he can generate some buzz...
Question is: is it worth $50 mil ?

ONE is pretty fucking fishy. Seven years in:

Masses of venture capital

The owner has a friend at Forbes who writes monthly puff pieces about the massive success of ONE

Ambitious plans to dominate Asian combat sports, penetrate Japan in 2019, hold 120 events per annum, etc etc.

Yet:

Makes huge financial losses

Actual revenue is minimal, and mostly related to 'barter transactions' rather than actual cash

Ticket sales are usually very shitty indeed, and most tickets are given away for free

Endless lies from the company about the size of their audience - makes Dana White appear honest

No TV broadcasting deals that are worth anything

The product is given away for free as the events are broadcast over an app or YouTube

The fights are often fun, but the fighters are largely anonymous and C-level in terms of talent

Recruits some major free agents - presumably the venture capital cash will be spent on their purses - but of limited box office appeal (DJ), or post-prime (Alvarez)

Expands into boxing, kickboxing and now e-sports with no obvious rationale for doing so

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH ONE?!

Yikes.
This is EXACTLY what i'm talking about here..
and add to that they are still looking for further free agents...

Shit's going to blow up hard.

Back