One week until the new pride of Japan makes his debut

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
That's right, Michinori Tanaka

His striking still needs work, but he is incredibly explosive with his takedown game, and will be a tough fight for anyone in the division.

JMMA is not what it once was, but this guy is still an A level prospect.

What weight class? There are a lot of wrestlers 155 and below. A lot of those takedowns were sloppy athleticism. I'm skeptical, but I admittedly haven't seen anything of him other than that video.

He's got a hell of a pace and some freak strength, borderline Hughes or Hendrix farm boy strength

A lot of those takedowns were sloppy athleticism.
Yeah no, not even close. Unless of course if you think ouchi gari from the front headlock is sloppy athleticism lmao.

He is 135.

That's right, Michinori Tanaka

His striking still needs work, but he is incredibly explosive with his takedown game, and will be a tough fight for anyone in the division.

JMMA is not what it once was, but this guy is still an A level prospect.

Meh, he will never be great. Japanese fighters have the same problems a lot of Brazilian fighters have, they won't leave their country. Brazil has the benefits of not being an island and having the largest portion of the slaves, 70%, sent to their country. This means their gene pool is a breeding ground for athletes, mixed with their impoverished conditions Brazil births a lot of fighters. On the other hand Japanese has a stagnant gene pool, and their super athletes are rare. Also the Japanese fighters unwillingness to leave Japan and train with the best is why they will never be the best. He might be a prospect but so what, let me know when someone from Japan wins a belt.

Meh, he will never be great. Japanese fighters have the same problems a lot of Brazilian fighters have, they won't leave their country. Brazil has the benefits of not being an island and having the largest portion of the slaves, 70%, sent to their country. This means their gene pool is a breeding ground for athletes, mixed with their impoverished conditions Brazil births a lot of fighters. On the other hand Japanese has a stagnant gene pool, and their super athletes are rare. Also the Japanese fighters unwillingness to leave Japan and train with the best is why they will never be the best. He might be a prospect but so what, let me know when someone from Japan wins a belt.

Brazilians are good because they have jesus on their side, not any of that nonsense u mentioned

vitor+belfort+011.png

Belfort approves the post above.

I hope he does well. I like the japanese and I wish there was a more successful one in the ufc.

Yeah no, not even close. Unless of course if you think ouchi gari from the front headlock is sloppy athleticism lmao.

He is 135.

You're right, in a 4 minute video every takedown was an impressive display of judo. Let's ignore the two or three takedowns on the same guy who was obviously a horrendous grappler. One was a low single from 50 ft away but the guy literally didn't attempt to react at all. The second was just a simple trip with underhook after missing with a different takedown and slipping to his knees. I also think there was a single switched off to a double on the same guy, not positive though.

Also, many of his takedowns come from a reshot or second attempt at a trip as opposed to other judoka like lombard, rousey, or karo who would make clean throws the first time or almost any successful mma wrestler with a style similar to his that times their takedowns well enough to avoid being sprawled on. I don't think he'll have a second chance as often against good wrestlers with better hips than his previous opponents. Of course there are successful grinders like fitch and Randy but that doesn't seem to be his style. I don't think his style will get him to the top of the ufc. The level of wrestling in jmma isn't generally as high so I don't think he'll be able to do all of that against future opponents.

He seems to be very exciting and I'm looking forward to watching him fight. I'm glad you showed him to me. I just don't expect him to be fighting for a title any time soon.

Last edited:
That's racist. And just dumb.

2012 Olympics: Japan 38 medals, Brazil 17

2008 Olympics: Japan 25 medals, Brazil 15

2004 Olympics: Japan 37 medals, Brazil 10

Also, be sure to keep in mind Brazil's population is DOUBLE that of Japan.

But yes, please tell me more about the hyper gifted athletes of Brazil and the racially inferior Japanese, oh wise one.

Prediction....He does nothing noteworthy in his entire MMA career

when you said the new pride, it got me excited for a new org :(

if gymnastics and baseball isn't athletics, then you're right

That's racist. And just dumb.

2012 Olympics: Japan 38 medals, Brazil 17

2008 Olympics: Japan 25 medals, Brazil 15

2004 Olympics: Japan 37 medals, Brazil 10

Also, be sure to keep in mind Brazil's population is DOUBLE that of Japan.

But yes, please tell me more about the hyper gifted athletes of Brazil and the racially inferior Japanese, oh wise one.

It's not racist to make (accurate) comments on a country's culture or history.It's really not racist to say anything about a COUNTRY, not race.

Many physical gifts are hereditary. Slaves were bred to be physically gifted. That's why black people in the americas are often stellar athletes, more so than other ethnicities by population percentage.

Japan is in fact a very closed, nationalistic society.

Using an olympic medal count is pretty skewed. Olympic sports are much more popular in japan. Let me know when japan is better than brazil at something brazilians care about like soccer, beach volleyball, bjj, or mma. Outside of north america soccer is probably the best guage for athleticism cobsidering that the most people play it and that top soccer players get paid the most.

Kyoji Horiguchi is going to be far more significant that Michinori Tanaka. Although Tanaka will probably have a decent career.

Kyoji Horiguchi is going to be far more significant that Michinori Tanaka. Although Tanaka will probably have a decent career.

Came here to post this. Horiguchi is a future champ. #believe

He has crazy power for fly weight, almost like Dodson.

Horiguchi is a future champ.

maybe if he joins a team outside of Japan. He fights a lot like his coach, and we all saw how successful that was in the UFC. He needs to tighten up that defense. Nobody's chin lasts forever and he isn't nearly fast enough to land those shots on top flyweights without eating a few on the way.

Iron sharpens iron. Stuff softer than iron..... doesn't.

Subtle prejudices......masked in armchair analysis of the best approach to mma training

You're right, in a 4 minute video every takedown was an impressive display of judo. Let's ignore the two or three takedowns on the same guy who was obviously a horrendous grappler. One was a low single from 50 ft away but the guy literally didn't attempt to react at all. The second was just a simple trip with underhook after missing with a different takedown and slipping to his knees. I also think there was a single switched off to a double on the same guy, not positive though.

Also, many of his takedowns come from a reshot or second attempt at a trip as opposed to other judoka like lombard, rousey, or karo who would make clean throws the first time or almost any successful mma wrestler with a style similar to his that times their takedowns well enough to avoid being sprawled on. I don't think he'll have a second chance as often against good wrestlers with better hips than his previous opponents. Of course there are successful grinders like fitch and Randy but that doesn't seem to be his style. I don't think his style will get him to the top of the ufc. The level of wrestling in jmma isn't generally as high so I don't think he'll be able to do all of that against future opponents.

He seems to be very exciting and I'm looking forward to watching him fight. I'm glad you showed him to me. I just don't expect him to be fighting for a title any time soon.

That explains all of Japan's world champions in boxing and kickboxing, huh?

It's not racist to make (accurate) comments on a country's culture or history.It's really not racist to say anything about a COUNTRY, not race.

Many physical gifts are hereditary. Slaves were bred to be physically gifted. That's why black people in the americas are often stellar athletes, more so than other ethnicities by population percentage.

Japan is in fact a very closed, nationalistic society.

Using an olympic medal count is pretty skewed. Olympic sports are much more popular in japan. Let me know when japan is better than brazil at something brazilians care about like soccer, beach volleyball, bjj, or mma. Outside of north america soccer is probably the best guage for athleticism cobsidering that the most people play it and that top soccer players get paid the most.

You're wrong on a few points here......and you should probably do a bit of research if you decide to keep defending this

Lol WOW!!! That's racist.

Back