one of my gi matches from la state champs

joshv5.0

BJJ Revolution Team
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvTD72A01WQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvTD72A01WQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

was kind of a slow match but went back and forth quite a few times, for some reason i get really tired in the gi. but anyways i'll the one with hair

1. Knowing how much you love playing from the bottom, it was surprising seeing him being the one to jump guard on you.

2. That's got to suck that Tim was the ref, because it meant he couldn't be on the sidelines coaching you.

You cajuns are tuff on yur backs! =D You both were pretty evenly matched. He wanted that early triangle bad. huh. Good job hanging tough. You seem to be more comfortable on your back. I'd work on passing and i think knee on belly would improve your game as well. Especially when you got side control.

Overall, you did a really nice job, man! You get the spicy shrimp award. =D

Damm..now im hungry.

You cajuns are tuff on yur backs! =D You both were pretty evenly matched. He wanted that early triangle bad. huh. Good job hanging tough. You seem to be more comfortable on your back. I'd work on passing and i think knee on belly would improve your game as well. Especially when you got side control.

I was thinking that too; especially considering how dominating Tim's knee on belly game is.

wow thanks for the kind words guy's

i'm almost too comfortable on my back, i really need to focus on the top position more. i think thats my biggest flaw for sure.

it did suck that tim was reffing i really like it when he coaches me. he said afterwards he wanted to kick me in the face, because theres one point where i actually fall to my guard for no reason, not thinking that i was giving him 2 points .

1. Knowing how much you love playing from the bottom, it was surprising seeing him being the one to jump guard on you.

2. That's got to suck that Tim was the ref, because it meant he couldn't be on the sidelines coaching you.

yea thats the funny thing, in my first match i got a pretty good takedown, so i think the guy thought i had good takedowns (which is the weakest part of my game) after seeing the first match. when he pulled guard on me i was like WTF IS THIS!! haha i had to collect my thoughts for a moment there

Back