One of most impressive athletic feats I have seen - new world record in beer 2 mile

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have done a bunch of beer mile events and am terrible at them. Some very good runners and drinkers have competed in the events I have been in and the fastest any local guy ran was 6:37 and he was a guy who ran in college and was over 200lbs. That is a very good time. It is much harder than you think.

The rules are you drink a beer and run a lap and repeat. The beer must be abv of 5% or more.

You get so damn full that running is really tough. My friend nailed it when he pointed out a lot of it is about foam containment. I couldn't imagine doing this time for a beer two mile. Just the weight of 8 beers sloshing around while running last lap and all the foam.....

I have done a bunch of beer mile events and am terrible at them. Some very good runners and drinkers have competed in the events I have been in and the fastest any local guy ran was 6:37 and he was a guy who ran in college and was over 200lbs. That is a very good time. It is much harder than you think.

The rules are you drink a beer and run a lap and repeat. The beer must be abv of 5% or more.

You get so damn full that running is really tough. My friend nailed it when he pointed out a lot of it is about foam containment. I couldn't imagine doing this time for a beer two mile. Just the weight of 8 beers sloshing around while running last lap and all the foam.....

Damn, he crushed Jim's record.

That's easy, hold my beer

One of those competitions that impresses me about as much as holding your pee or burning yourself.

Dude is going to go down as the greatest beer miler of all time.

He lowered the world record again by 1 second to 4:37.

Back