One game for your LIFE - Pick your all-time NBA starting 5

beachburn2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
5 players will play under NBA rules, no substitutions, and if they lose....you die.

Opponents can be completely random and any player you do not pick can be used against your squad.

My team:
PG: 2016 LeBron James
Rationale: He can do basically everything a PG can do and most PGs can't guard him, yet he can guard them. Better passer than most PGs

SG: 2018 Kevin Durant
Rationale: His length will make it tough for SGs to shoot over him, even if the guy he's matched up against is Kobe or MJ. Durant is a much better shooter than both and has a beta personality, which is good for this team because it prevents too many egos from clashing.

SF: 1985 Larry Bird
Rationale: The most clutch player in NBA history imo, and the best trash talker as well. Great leader without having to antagonize teammates like MJ or Kobe, and may very well be the best offensive player ever in his prime. Underrated defensively as well, there's a reason why great athletes like Dr J were constantly getting embarrassed by Bird on both ends of the court.

PF: 2019 (current) Anthony Davis
Rationale: Hard to pick against this guy, probably my easiest selection out of all the positions. Insanely gifted on defense and offense, far better perimeter player than Duncan, stronger inside than KG, and a lot better defensively than guys like Barkley, McHale, and Malone. Can also play center and SF if necessary

C: 2000 Shaquille O'Neal
Rationale: I've got the best shooting forward ever on my team, a great shot blocker in AD, a leader in Bird, and the ultimate playmaker in LeBron. Now I just need a dominant low post presence, and there is nobody ever who commanded more attention than a prime Shaq. Pretty good passer out of the post as well, and played against superior competition than Wilt and more willing to be physical. 2nd team all-defense that year as well

psLA2p8.jpg

PG- Magic
SG- Kobe
SF- Shaq
PF- Wilt
C- Kareem
Holy shit, that's just terrible lol

Where's the floor spacing? There's only one ball and Shaq couldn't guard a SF to save his life

The 2018 Phoenix Suns would probably beat that atrocity of a team

What SF will stop Shaq from dunking on him everytime down the court? My team would kill yours. Must be new to sports.

What SF will stop Shaq from dunking on him everytime down the court? My team would kill yours.
Easiest double team ever because your team has one 3 point shooter (who's not even that good at them), the ball would keep getting passed around and your offense would be shut down just like that.

Kobe shooting fadeaway 3s with 2 seconds left on the shot clock is not an effective or efficient offense

Double shaq then wilt dunks on you. Then Kareem dunks on you. Too easy. Prob shoot 100% from the field. 160-40 final score....Me > you

Double shaq then wilt dunks on you. Then Kareem dunks on you. Too easy. Prob shoot 100% from the field. 160-40 final score....Me > you
7/10 troll attempt

You almost had me all the way pal, make it more subtle next time.

Let me know if there is anything else I can teach you about the game. School is out.

Steve Nash
Dan Marijle
Shawn Marion
Charles Barkley
Oliver Miller

Magic
MJ
Rodman
Porzingis
Shaq

Jason Kidd/Curry (if Duncan at 4)
MJ
Kawhi
Dirk/Duncan (if Curry)
Hakeem
edit: Durant is clearly fine at the 3, Kobe/Wade at the 2, etc...
I think the chemistry of this lineup would match tho

Back